No announcement yet.

Shockers vs. Panthers game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really feels good wearing the Shocker gear out on a beautiful, sunny March day!

The MEN BROUGHT IT!

Why stop now? GO SHOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More later..
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Prediction:

Wichita State - 75
      Southern U - 62
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Really feels good wearing the Shocker gear out on a beautiful, sunny March day!

The MEN BROUGHT IT!

Why stop now? GO SHOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More later..
        It's sunny where you are? Ughh, stuck in the clouds here.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          e-z money, baby.

everything i posted at the back end of the predicition thread was a red herring. i figured somebody would see that, it was so bold and outlandish.

as we know, opposing players and fans alike read these boards. i wanted that pitt team (and their fans) overconfident and therefore A STEP SLOW. wild effort, but i had to do something, anything off the wall, to help the team other than just praying for good shooting from the shockers. sorry, had to try it, whether it helped or not ('might try it again in the future, when the shockers play, say, tennessee next season).

simply put- mvc is underrated, big east is overrated (just look at ilsu at louisville is all i needed to see). pitt wasn't going to be prepared for what the shocker defense was going to throw at them, no matter how many big east games they played. i actually figured the shockers could/would win by 3 or 4 points.

shockers up
          LOL.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Prediction:

Wichita State - 75
            Southern U - 62

But seriously -- isn't something broken when a team with practically the absolutely worst SOS in the country and a 180 RPI is in it? That just wreaks of format change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
              NOt true. On the pre-game on the radio driving home to watch the game, I heard Jay Bilas pick WSU.
              I don't know if this is validated to be from his Twitter, but if it is - Wow.

@JayBilas: Wichita State was strong. Pittsburgh was embarrassing. One team played Big East basketball, and it was Wichita State. What a beatdown.

If someone can, please verify.
              Last edited by Rixtoy1; March 21, 2013, 03:54 PM.
              If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• This Southern pep band you can hear over the radio right now...just wow.

Comment

• Just think, until midnight tomorrow night we'll be watching that score flash on 4 different channels. All day, all night.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Prediction:

Wichita State - 75
                    Southern U - 62
                    Actually it was a lot more than that... oh... wait.. you are not talking about our 1981 beat down of Southern in the first round in Wichita are you?
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Geez, I completely forgot to listend to Shocker Radio... just catching the interviews
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
                        He must be the only one (and he was not on the show I watched - there are too many - and my apologies)?
                        No apology necessary - I'm just happy to hope Seth Greenburg chokes on his dismissive attitude towards WSU.
                        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
                          He must be the only one (and he was not on the show I watched - there are too many - and my apologies)?
                          I think Vitale picked us too, but like you said there are so many of them to know who all of them picked.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            e-z money, baby.

everything i posted at the back end of the predicition thread was a red herring. i figured somebody would see that, it was so bold and outlandish.

as we know, opposing players and fans alike read these boards. i wanted that pitt team (and their fans) overconfident and therefore A STEP SLOW. wild effort, but i had to do something, anything off the wall, to help the team other than just praying for good shooting from the shockers. sorry, had to try it, whether it helped or not ('might try it again in the future, when the shockers play, say, tennessee next season).

simply put- mvc is underrated, big east is overrated (just look at ilsu at louisville is all i needed to see). pitt wasn't going to be prepared for what the shocker defense was going to throw at them, no matter how many big east games they played. i actually figured the shockers could/would win by 3 or 4 points.

shockers up
                            You're so full of crap, I love it!!

Comment

But seriously -- isn't something broken when a team with practically the absolutely worst SOS in the country and a 180 RPI is in it? That just wreaks of format change.
                              It's always been that way. It gives the #1 swws a bye but let's them have a warm up game.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

I don't want the BCS conferences deciding which conferences deserve an auto-bid and which don't. I'd rather have some bad teams in and everyone controls their own destiny to get their shot at a bid than the alternative.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X