Shockers vs. Panthers game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
    Wow, new thread after new thread after new thread; all pulling their hair out.
    I can't laugh. I melt down with the best of them.

Comment

• I just love the BCS mentality that is on display on Pittsburgh's forum.

Comment

• Cotton is not good enough to make the Valley all Defensive team? What a travesy that was. 5 steals today and still another lock-down-drag-out defensive game
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
          None of the ESPN guys picked SHOX, although Bardo wanted to......
          NOt true. On the pre-game on the radio driving home to watch the game, I heard Jay Bilas pick WSU.
          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Sorry if it's been discussed, but what are the times of the games Saturday?

Comment

• great win shox!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                5 steals for Tekele and made Woodall look silly.
                Player of the Game( imho)
                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                - said no one ever...

Comment

• If Carl can get deep post position on Olynyk like he got on Adams today, then I really, really, really like our chances.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• That felt so good....
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Dreaming to play at the Dance was a tough dream to fullfill this Season with all of our injuries. Folk i spoke with today just do not understand how we got here. Now we have their attention and this win demands respect. However, it gets better with some black and yellow frostin on this cake. We also WON against a mighty Big East team by 18. Not a bad days work at the Office Hardwood for our beloved Shox. Can u dig that groovy graaaavy?
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Icing on the cake -

I have a friend who goes to Vegas for the tourney, so he carried my bets for WSU + the points in this game and I took a lot of crap, but took the OVER of 119 1/2.
                        I absolutely gave up on the OVER bet until with a minute left I realized they had done it - WOO HOO!!!

( I have VCU to cover -8 tonight . . .). I suspect I will go with the shocks to cover the Zags, but it depends on the spread.

GO SHOX!!!!
                        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• I loved how Gottlieb (I think) asked where the trampoline was for Tekele's dunk.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• e-z money, baby.

everything i posted at the back end of the predicition thread was a red herring. i figured somebody would see that, it was so bold and outlandish.

as we know, opposing players and fans alike read these boards. i wanted that pitt team (and their fans) overconfident and therefore A STEP SLOW. wild effort, but i had to do something, anything off the wall, to help the team other than just praying for good shooting from the shockers. sorry, had to try it, whether it helped or not ('might try it again in the future, when the shockers play, say, tennessee next season).

simply put- mvc is underrated, big east is overrated (just look at ilsu at louisville is all i needed to see). pitt wasn't going to be prepared for what the shocker defense was going to throw at them, no matter how many big east games they played. i actually figured the shockers could/would win by 3 or 4 points.

shockers up

Comment

• I am assuming that since we are the lower seed, we get to wear Black again... Lovin it...

So much fun....
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                                NOt true. On the pre-game on the radio driving home to watch the game, I heard Jay Bilas pick WSU.
                                He must be the only one (and he was not on the show I watched - there are too many - and my apologies)?
                                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                                - said no one ever...

Comment

Working...
                                X