Charter Flight to Salt Lake City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
    Why'd you pay so much...? I've booked the Marriot for under $25 on multiple occasions...
    Whoa.. you ARE the master!

T

...:cool:

Comment

I've been using Priceline since the beginning. If you use it a lot like I do, you get special offers. For example if you bid $10 per day on a rental car, priceline pitches in $5 per day to up your bid. You can get the same type of deal on hotels. I've had them offer to add $25 per day on hotels. Another really good tool to use is http://www.betterbidding.com/ It's pretty cool, they will ID hotels for you on Hotwire and let you know the lowest price you can bid on Priceline to get what you're looking for.
      That's hilarious! I was using Hotwire to estimate my Priceline range back around 2003. I guess I really was ahead of the curve.

One piece of wisdom I will add for those that first start staying in Priceline hotels. Don't fall for the 4-star trap. There are a lot of 4 star hotels that are crappy and all they try to do is blast you with services from the get-go. Many won't even let you take your bags up by yourself. Try and shoot for 2.5-3 star hotels that target business travelers. They will be very nice and won't ding you with a million fees. Places like Embassy Suites are the goal to shoot for.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Greensboro to Portland to Salt Lake in our last 3 appearances. They sure aren't making it easy on us Shocker fans. At least we're on the right track. Maybe next year we're due for San Antonio?

Hopefully Shocker Nation is represented well in Utah. The coaching staff and players need to know they are well supported with a big time program.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Greensboro to Portland to Salt Lake in our last 3 appearances. They sure aren't making it easy on us Shocker fans. At least we're on the right track. Maybe next year we're due for San Antonio?

Hopefully Shocker Nation is represented well in Utah. The coaching staff and players need to know they are well supported with a big time program.
          No kidding, but at least those flights were affordable. I think we few to Greensboro for under $400. Portland was expensive, but we flew to Seattle for $250 then got a cheap Priceline rental car and drove the 2 hours to Portland...no options with Salt Lake. :(

Comment

Get a cheap rental car at Mid Continent and leave now.... put the wear and tear on someone else's vehicle, grab some buddies and go. Easier said than done, but driving 15 hours in each direction has its appeal. We have a friend who lives in Salt Lake doing her surgical residency, so I'm not ashamed to grab some floor or the nearest couch if the opportunity presents itself in the next 24 hours.

Comment

I wish I was rich
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                Get a cheap rental car at Mid Continent and leave now.... put the wear and tear on someone else's vehicle, grab some buddies and go. Easier said than done, but driving 15 hours in each direction has its appeal. We have a friend who lives in Salt Lake doing her surgical residency, so I'm not ashamed to grab some floor or the nearest couch if the opportunity presents itself in the next 24 hours.
                Yeah, unless a better opportunity presents itself, we'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon to make the drive. It's very disappointing the Alumni Association or Athletic department or someone at WSU couldn't find a way to make this happen. As much as I want to be mad at Shockernation for not ponying up the money and going on the charter it's expensive and understandable. I put the most blame on WSU for lack of preplanning or finding other options.

Comment

Yeah, unless a better opportunity presents itself, we'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon to make the drive. It's very disappointing the Alumni Association or Athletic department or someone at WSU couldn't find a way to make this happen. As much as I want to be mad at Shockernation for not ponying up the money and going on the charter it's expensive and understandable. I put the most blame on WSU for lack of preplanning or finding other options.
                  How does this trip to compare to Portland in regard to affordability?

Comment

This really sucks.

Hats off to any Shockernetters that make the trip.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Portland I know was pricey, but you had to option of flying to Seattle which had pretty cheap air fares and then renting a car and driving down
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Charter flight was the same price...but as mentioned above you could fly to Seattle for under $300 and drive.

Comment

Miles = 1044. A hefty drive.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                            Miles = 1044. A hefty drive.
                            Sorry, I can't resist and must make a reference from one of my favorite movies. You could take the people train out of Stubbville.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Maybe some of the basketball fundraising could be earmarked to make a charter flight a little less than a trip to Fiji. It seems likely that WSU will continue to make NCAA tourney appearance in the near future. So we should be able to plan ahead. It is in the program's interest to have as many fans at a NCAA tourney game as possible.

I don't know where the price point is, but it is obviously not $1200 per person.

I certainly would have pulled the trigger at $500 per person (just flight).

Comment

Cashed in frequent flyer miles to get there. Hoping we get to see both games!

Comment

Working...
                                X