Charter Flight to Salt Lake City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Not living in Wichita, all of those prices seem high to me. Has anyone looked into driving to KC and flying from there? Salt Lake City is a hub and round trips, even on short notice, shouldn't be a grand each. It's not like you're flying to Europe.

Just a thought.
    A buddy of mine is flying from Dallas for $500. KC is is around 900...no good deals out there.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
      A buddy of mine is flying from Dallas for $500. KC is is around 900...no good deals out there.
      Short Notice = Airlines have you by the nads.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Short Notice = Airlines have you by the nads.
        For fun I just shopped it on Travelocity. Round trip ICT to SLC and back for $630. Limited seats and you have to travel Wed morning and return Sunday. American Airlines subsidiary.

EARLY Wednesday morning.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Edit: I just went back to get a screen capture to help. It is now sold out and flights are all $1,200 and up. Sucks. They sold those seats fast!
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Edit: I just went back to get a screen capture to help. It is now sold out and flights are all $1,200 and up. Sucks. They sold those seats fast!
            Or the more likely option you did the search incorrectly the first time...lol

Comment

Or the more likely option you did the search incorrectly the first time...lol
              Nope. I did it three times. Kansas City had fares from $707, but when I went to hit the finalize transaction, it jumped to over a grand. From Omaha, it was $758 and didn't change. Me thinks the airlines are bending you guys over.

Comment

If you can leave Wed and come back Monday, you can fly from the ICT for $607.

Comment

If you can leave Wed and come back Monday, you can fly from the ICT for $607.
                  And who has time to do this except kids not in kindergarten yet and retirees like RDR? And then you have five hotel nights. I am saving my money for Los Angeles.
                  Last edited by ABC; March 18, 2013, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    And who has time to do this except kids not in kindergarten and retirees like RDR? And then you have five hotel nights. I am saving my money for Los Angeles.
                    The extra hotel nights will eat up your savings.

Comment

I'd take some of you guys but the bubble gum holding on one of my props let go:

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Hotel prices aren't a problem unless the city is short on capacity. I have stayed all over the country for ridiculously low prices obtained through Priceline.com. I'm talking 49 bucks a night in a 3 star Embassy suites in the Galleria, Tx area cheap. It was a suite with central air, a separate "family" room and two flat screens (one in bedroom and one in family room). I was embarrassed as hell but quietly smiled after taking advantage of the generous happy hour at 4pm and the wonderful breakfast buffet the following morning.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Sorry, guys but there are no reasonable flights out of Wichita for under $1000....KC is $900 and over...same goes for OKC ant TUL...we've looked at flying out of Denver, Dallas and all the little airports. I'm the master at finding discount flights/hotels whatever. You aren't going to find anything I haven't seen already. I'd love to leave ICT tomorrow and come back Monday, but taking 3 extra days of vacation for those of us who are employed combined with 2 - 3 nights of hotel and meals make that way more costly just to save $100 on the flight.

It's too bad more Shocker fans aren't going... guess we have a long drive ahead of us.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            Hotel prices aren't a problem unless the city is short on capacity. I have stayed all over the country for ridiculously low prices obtained through Priceline.com. I'm talking 49 bucks a night in a 3 star Embassy suites in the Galleria, Tx area cheap. It was a suite with central air, a separate "family" room and two flat screens (one in bedroom and one in family room). I was embarrassed as hell but quietly smiled after taking advantage of the generous happy hour at 4pm and the wonderful breakfast buffet the following morning.

T

...:cool:
                            Why'd you pay so much...? I've booked the Marriot for under $25 on multiple occasions...

Comment

Why'd you pay so much...? I've booked the Marriot for under $25 on multiple occasions...
                              Any special tactics with using Priceline that you guys would share?
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                                Any special tactics with using Priceline that you guys would share?
                                I've been using Priceline since the beginning. If you use it a lot like I do, you get special offers. For example if you bid $10 per day on a rental car, priceline pitches in $5 per day to up your bid. You can get the same type of deal on hotels. I've had them offer to add $25 per day on hotels. Another really good tool to use is http://www.betterbidding.com/ It's pretty cool, they will ID hotels for you on Hotwire and let you know the lowest price you can bid on Priceline to get what you're looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X