Selection Sunday thread right here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    Are your neighbors older? Usually people stay up later than this.
    No, I live in Germany.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      What, no Texas teams?
      [Goose from Top Gun laugh]!!!

The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies' room.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        ISUR turned down CBI and CIT. Stupid IMHO.

Bradley, Evansville in CIT
        That is so ridiculous. How many years did we talk about the benefits of any kind of post season play. Programs going in the right direction play post season ball when invited. They don't decline invitations to play more ball. I am annoyed with myself because I was one to defend Carmichael and say maybe he was a decent guy and didn't really play dirty. If he can look his underclassman who he leads and their futures in the face and decline program building post season play, he is selfish and a quitter. Whatever other no names on that team were involved in that are also indicted by me. I can get over stupid fans and I can get over ridiculous escapades in heated games, but this is where I draw the line on classless. Thanks for being there for the conference profile, your own fans and your underclassmen. You are my new pick for last place next year.

Surely this isn't true. I sure hope not.

Comment

• It was on their board earlier. Their fans weren't too happy about it either.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
            Carmichael was afraid it would conflict with his MMA schedule
            That is kind of funny. I like Carmichael, but hong kong fuey will live for a while.

Comment

• It seems that I recall that a deep run in the NIT might net a small amount of money, or break even, but participating in the other two actually cost the schools money. It may have been the administration that decided.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                Salt Lake City, UT
                Thursday
                I saw on ESPN its a 1:40pm eastern start. if thats true, then that would mean a 11 am game there. that is pretty early. could be a slow start for both teams for being early in the morning. dont know if that would help or hurt us

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                  It seems that I recall that a deep run in the NIT might net a small amount of money, or break even, but participating in the other two actually cost the schools money. It may have been the administration that decided.
                  Its a lose lose. If it was the seniors only, shame on them. If it was the department not being able to afford it, congratulations on investing in failure.

Oh well. I don't want to waste any more of my life being mad at them this year. It's just one thing after another lately.

Anyways, congrats shockers! I am now back on topic :)

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    That is kind of funny. I like Carmichael, but hong kong fuey will live for a while.
                    I mentioned it in the game thread but it's worth repeating. WuShock and the Band going all Daniel-san crane pose before he shot free throws was one of the most outstanding things of the entire tournament, if not all time in sports period.

Comment

• After getting a good, worthy match-up, all we gotta to do is take care of business.

Beat Pitt first, then figure out how to zip the Zaggs.

Comment

• Congratulation Shockers!!!! What a most excellent season and it's still going and going and going (break out the Energizer Bunny Baby). Finish in fourth place my azzzzz. Next thought, do we want to drive 1035 miles each way, hmmmm. Maybe a little genealogical research (no, I did not say gynecological). Go, stay, go, stay. Damn
                        Last edited by I_Vector_Wu; March 18, 2013, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• so wait a second...

Illinois state declined a post season bid? This is the type of athletic program that we are supposed to compete with now that Creighton is leaving? A team that simply does not care about playing a basketball game. The likelyhood of them playing a home game is very good. Hell even for the whole tournament.

what a bunh of limp wristed peices of ****.

Comment

• great day to be a shocker! women in the dance for the first time. Guys in back to back! Actually like the draw. Definitely not gimmies but in the tournament they shouldnt be. But definitely winnable game(s). proud of the athletic department. on that note....

Ill state, take note. this is what a real athletic department looks like. They take every opportunity to play when they can. Doesnt matter what no name tourney it is. It means extra practice time and game time. Those couple years of us playing in the same tourneys that Ill state is too good to play in set the foundation for these back to back NCAA appearances. If it really was the seniors that said they didnt want to play then leave them at home and go to work with the guys that are going to be returning. Ill state should be ashamed of this decision.

Comment

• I'm not gonna hammer ISU about it. It is a crap tourney that you pay to play in. If they were a really young team I could see where it could benefit to play. But there's also a good chance it would cost more than they'd make and they're led by upperclassmen.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• It sounded like the Senior players (leaders) didn't care to play that much and the coaches felt that they needed to recruit players rather than play games to get better for next year so they didn't push it.

Comment

Working...
                                X