No announcement yet.

Selection Sunday thread right here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just think it's great that Carmichael's last game in college basketball and their programs last game of the season was a loss to Wichita State. You'd think that would sting worse than playing in the NIT. The NIT is truly what you make of it. We had a great time winning it. Look how it propelled our squad to realize it's potential, and use it as a spring board to constantly improve.

If ISUr really did leave it up to the players, maybe their decision shows a glimpse into why they didn't win more games to get into the NCAA's. Seems to me to be lacking a will to finish.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Does that program think they're bigger than they are? Kinda funny that the Valley team with the longest time without an NCAA appearance is turning down CBI and CIT appearances, LOL! I guess our sweep and ass kicking at the Lou never left their heads!

Loved the way we beatdown the Redturd women today as well! Hahahaha.
      Probably didn't want to put up the guaranteed financial package.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        The Jays better just hope they can beat Cinnci. That won't be a cake-walk.
        If they get to the Duke game, look for them to "thug it up" much like they did against Carolina. That was awful.

Comment

• Here is the local newspaper account of the Illinois State decision to decline an invitation to the CIT or CBI.

I'm not going to bash ILS too much for declining to participate in these tournaments, although I find it difficult to understand why you wouldn't want to take advantage of any opportunity that presents itself to keep practicing and playing.

Comment

• Sounds like they didn't want to play because they're such a senior heavy team and don't see a lot of benefits from having those guys play in the CBI. It would be good for the younger guys but you can't really bench your seniors to get those young guys the experience. ILState is really going to struggle next year, too bad they decided to take this route.

Comment

• The Pitt Panthers missed the NCAA Tournament last year, snapping a streak of 10 consecutive appearances. They went on to win the College Basketball Invitational.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/college/p...#ixzz2NuTG6YVx

Pitt had 3 seniors on last year's team including their #1 and #3 scorers.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I mentioned it in the game thread but it's worth repeating. WuShock and the Band going all Daniel-san crane pose before he shot free throws was one of the most outstanding things of the entire tournament, if not all time in sports period.
                No doubt it should have been a SC top ten.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I mentioned it in the game thread but it's worth repeating. WuShock and the Band going all Daniel-san crane pose before he shot free throws was one of the most outstanding things of the entire tournament, if not all time in sports period.
                  I totally missed that. I'll have to ask my son about it tonight.

Comment

• I wish it'd made it onto TV, or at least a photo somewhere.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      I wish it'd made it onto TV, or at least a photo somewhere.
                      I'll go back and check the DVR, but I think you can see a little of it once in the first half.

Comment

Working...
                      X