Give the ball to Early!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give the ball to Early!

The timebomb is ticking. Would somebody please give Early the ball in our next game so he can GO OFF?! I realize this is a team sport but he is due for another point explosion. Give him the ball and let him!

His recent slump is about playing defense and being ill. It has nothing to do with not getting the ball. Cle is a tremendous talent...the best since Mo Evans and perhaps even further back, but he was often responsible for Wragge getting open. Ethan is a fantastic 3 point shooter, one of the best I've ever seen but everyone has known that since day 1 at Creighton. He has my foot speed though and you almost don't have to guard him inside the 3 point line where he's taken all of 11 shots this year...that's right, ELEVEN all year. And I'd bet half of those were 3s where his foot was on the line and the other 5 tip ins against Longwood and Presbyterian. My point is he's not a tough guard. Cle is struggling right now on D and it's poor timing. These guys need a really good week of practice and they will be very, very dangerous, but they need Early to pick it up. I believe he'll do just that.

Comment

You don't get the ball as much when you're sitting on the bench due to fouling. It doesn't help that he won't stop going all Jamar Howard on the Valley refs. He's not doing himself any favors. Someone needs to explain to him that Valley refs call it tight and he's likely to see the same referees over and over and over and over.

On the flip side my guess is the NCAA referees will call much looser games, and we might get to see him explode.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

CLE takes himself out of games due to his silly fouls. End of story....
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

If we get matched up against an up tempo team, he will be fine.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

He had some open looks in Sunday's game but he passed them up. I think the Tournament might be his time to shine.

Comment

He needs to learn how to stay in the game. Sitting on the bench with stupid fouls is not the way to an epic career/season. I'd love to see a fouls per minute played breakdown for him and compared to others on the team.

Comment

And as coach said last night, he's been an easier guard because teams don't worry too much about him putting it on the floor.

So glad we're done with the Valley for this year. I have a guess that things will open up for Cle' in the tourney.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                  He needs to learn how to stay in the game. Sitting on the bench with stupid fouls is not the way to an epic career/season. I'd love to see a fouls per minute played breakdown for him and compared to others on the team.
                  Among the 5 major minute players, Cle does have the highest at 4.19 per 40 minutes, Cotton is next at 3.59, with Hall the lowest at 3.13.

EO has the highest on the team at 5.09. Lowest is Wiggins at 2.57 and FVV at 2.71. Wonder how many realize that FVV is 6th in total minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                    And as coach said last night, he's been an easier guard because teams don't worry too much about him putting it on the floor.

So glad we're done with the Valley for this year. I have a guess that things will open up for Cle' in the tourney.
                    Gregg went further when he was talking about Cle's ball handling. He said that Cle had an obvious weakness handling the ball with his left hand (teams shadow his right hand), and they needed to work on this during the summer. If Cle could learn to handle the ball well with both hands, he definitely would be a serious threat to drive to the rim and finish.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      Gregg went further when he was talking about Cle's ball handling. He said that Cle had an obvious weakness handling the ball with his left hand (teams shadow his right hand), and they needed to work on this during the summer. If Cle could learn to handle the ball well with both hands, he definitely would be a serious threat to drive to the rim and finish.
                      Ahh... mystery solved.. I have wondered all year why he wasn't driving the basket. That was supposed to be one of his strengths.. now we know...
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I just don't think he's strong enough. He gets out-muscled quite a bit. Athletic yes.....but kind of wimpy in my opinion. His game is on the perimeter. Like to be proven wrong and see him get after it next week. Maybe just the second half of the Valley season gave me this impression.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          I just don't think he's strong enough. He gets out-muscled quite a bit. Athletic yes.....but kind of wimpy in my opinion. His game is on the perimeter. Like to be proven wrong and see him get after it next week. Maybe just the second half of the Valley season gave me this impression.
                          Yep, I agree. Presently, he is a perimeter player - if he is not hitting his shot, well....it would be nice if he were strong enough to post up some.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                            Yep, I agree. Presently, he is a perimeter player - if he is not hitting his shot, well....it would be nice if he were strong enough to post up some.
                            Just for discussion, what is your definition of a "perimeter player"?

Keep in mind that 64% of Cle's shots were from inside the arc, hitting .525 (Hall at .541). He also led the Shockers in FT attempts (also makes) with 147 to Hall's 141. Next after that was DWill with 77. Most perimeter players don't get fouled a lot. He also was second in Offensive Rebounds with 75 to Hall's 90, after that was Cotton at 49.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                              The timebomb is ticking. Would somebody please give Early the ball in our next game so he can GO OFF?! I realize this is a team sport but he is due for another point explosion. Give him the ball and let him!
                              This has got to be one of the more ignorant posts in the history of this fine message board. Have you paid attention recently at all? Or is your DVR stuck on January 9?

Comment

Working...
                              X