Rubber Match Game Thread CU vs. WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    Ya don't think that perhaps we would have had more assists had we made more shots? We also missed quite a few right under the basket of which, as pointed out, were caused by uncalled hacking fouls.
    We got away with our share of those "fouls" as well. The assist issue has been a problem all year. When we don't have many, we lose.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Pink shoes definitely earning a spot on the All-Valley Floppers team with his display today.
      And I think he will be in need of some dental work this week. CH with the nice parting gifts!

Comment

• Hard fought game, entertaining trip to St. Louis overall. Miserable 14 hour drive home. (Mostly because the first 200 miles were white-knuckle bumper to bumper mix of Cretin and Wichita folk. I just kept telling the wife, 60 more miles and we don't have to see these bastages again....40 more miles...20 more miles...) Helluva fun tourney all in all.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti View Post
          Hard fought game, entertaining trip to St. Louis overall. Miserable 14 hour drive home. (Mostly because the first 200 miles were white-knuckle bumper to bumper mix of Cretin and Wichita folk. I just kept telling the wife, 60 more miles and we don't have to see these bastages again....40 more miles...20 more miles...) Helluva fun tourney all in all.
          I think we are going to miss those bastages.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            I think we are going to miss those bastages.
            They'll miss the Valley too. I suspect it'll be a long while before A. they even sniff a conference championship again, and B. they send 6,000+ fans to the conference tournament.

Comment

They'll miss the Valley too. I suspect it'll be a long while before A. they even sniff a conference championship again, and B. they send 6,000+ fans to the conference tournament.
              They will miss parts of it, they will miss Wichita State, they will miss St L. They won't miss the rest of the garbage. And the die hards I know understand that they will probably struggle for a few years, but they know the value of the better league.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• What CU is doing is understandable. It's about money and exposure. If they do in fact leave, it is a loss for us and the Valley. Having said that, if you have a resurgence of the Illinois trimvirate, attendance in St. Louis will be just fine. If we have to rely on Drake and EU to fill Scottrade, we'll be in big trouble.

One thing is for sure, CU won't be flying 4-5K into NYC. That's a loss for their fans.

By the way MoValley John, how much are you going to pay us to keep that name?
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post

By the way MoValley John, how much are you going to pay us to keep that name?
                  ??? My screen name? That won't Change. I don't post on BJ boards anyway.

I expect my ticket prices to increase to About $40-45/ game. Not too bad.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Hard fought game, entertaining trip to St. Louis overall. Miserable 14 hour drive home. (Mostly because the first 200 miles were white-knuckle bumper to bumper mix of Cretin and Wichita folk. I just kept telling the wife, 60 more miles and we don't have to see these bastages again....40 more miles...20 more miles...) Helluva fun tourney all in all.
                    Ahhh yes, after losing the hour of much needed sleep and yelling my lungs out for 2 1/2 hours, there was the "Missouri 250" to contend with. Attention younger Creighton drivers, the little thing called a Cruise Control is a wonderful thing most times, it prevents you from speeding past then slowing down then speeding past for no apparent reason, just trying to help. Did anyone else see the unfortunate vehicle about 60 east of KC trying to change a tire (I believe) just off the left edge of the highway? Yikes, that had catastrophe written all over it.

What a great weekend of basketball watching and food. Shox make a couple FT's or get a couple bunnies maybe a different outcome, just not in the cards I guess. Enjoyed chatting with fans from other schools. I gotta' ask, who at the Scottrade Center School of Culinary Arts came up with french fries topped with fresh garlic? I could smell it 6 rows away! Guaranteed to keep Vampires and Spouses away for a minimum of 24 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                      Ahhh yes, after losing the hour of much needed sleep and yelling my lungs out for 2 1/2 hours, there was the "Missouri 250" to contend with. Attention younger Creighton drivers, the little thing called a Cruise Control is a wonderful thing most times, it prevents you from speeding past then slowing down then speeding past for no apparent reason, just trying to help. Did anyone else see the unfortunate vehicle about 60 east of KC trying to change a tire (I believe) just off the left edge of the highway? Yikes, that had catastrophe written all over it.

What a great weekend of basketball watching and food. Shox make a couple FT's or get a couple bunnies maybe a different outcome, just not in the cards I guess. Enjoyed chatting with fans from other schools. I gotta' ask, who at the Scottrade Center School of Culinary Arts came up with french fries topped with fresh garlic? I could smell it 6 rows away! Guaranteed to keep Vampires and Spouses away for a minimum of 24 hours.
                      Saw that "tire changer". I bet he was puckered up pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

$40-45 a game.. lol. I think with all the hype surrounding the league change Club BJ might finally be able to sell most of the upper bowl tickets instead of giving them away. If those Catholics in Omaha were smart, they would try to use the momentum to lock in multiple season ticket purchases at a time as I would suspect the glimmer will quickly fade when BJ starts getting boat-raced every other game.

The "magic" surrounding Omaha's Quiet Link Center's ability to "pack the house" for everything from women's volleyball to swim meets will surely be tested as UNL fans will start to feel like they are at a Nebraska basketball game again. UNL fans pack the Quiet Link because they want to see some winning for a change, they don't care who they are watching. They're so drunk by the end of the game they couldn't tell you color of the jersey's much less the names on them.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Can't blame CU. We'd leave in a heartbeat too if given the chance. However, I expect them to be the Evansville of the Big East, whereas every indication is we are about to become the Memphis of the MVC.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            $40-45 a game.. lol. I think with all the hype surrounding the league change Club BJ might finally be able to sell most of the upper bowl tickets instead of giving them away. If those Catholics in Omaha were smart, they would try to use the momentum to lock in multiple season ticket purchases at a time as I would suspect the glimmer will quickly fade when BJ starts getting boat-raced every other game.

The "magic" surrounding Omaha's Quiet Link Center's ability to "pack the house" for everything from women's volleyball to swim meets will surely be tested as UNL fans will start to feel like they are at a Nebraska basketball game again. UNL fans pack the Quiet Link because they want to see some winning for a change, they don't care who they are watching. They're so drunk by the end of the game they couldn't tell you color of the jersey's much less the names on them.

T

Damn, you're gonna have to find another program to give you your demagoguery fix. Bradley? ISUb?

Hopefully you'll still get one chance a year to rally the troops against us. I enjoy our games with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by RandomJaysFan View Post
                              Damn, you're gonna have to find another program to give you your demagoguery fix. Bradley? ISUb?

Hopefully you'll still get one chance a year to rally the troops against us. I enjoy our games with you.
                              "Rally the troops?" WTF?!

If I wasn't a smarter man I would almost have thought this gentleman was intimating that my statements weren't true...

T

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                ??? My screen name? That won't Change. I don't post on BJ boards anyway.

It'll be cheaper if you just hop on Greyhound and roll down to WSU to watch some Valley ball. Of course the best seat you'll get it is row 34 as the Shox will be hotter than ever, unless you know someone.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X