Rubber Match Game Thread CU vs. WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HarpBros View Post
    Thank you so, so, soooo much for this. Listen, I'm a pretty un-atheletic guy who simply loves college bball and loves his alma mater, and I must say: I absolutely love having Gregg Marshall as our coach. I was happy with Turgeon, but 3G is something special. I can only hope/pray he decides to spend the rest of his career here...God knows $1.6M is nothing to sneeze at. But in all seriousness, look at what he's done with a team expected to finish 4th. This guy can recruit to a "mid-major" better than most. Defense is his game, and you know what? I'm OK with that. Despite the loss, it's a good day to be a Shocker. I'm proud to have spend 9 years (no comments on my "scenic route" please) as a Shocker undergrad. Now...let's bust some mother f*cking brackets!!!!
    Go Shocks!!

Comment

• first, i wanted to praise CU, now I want to say our guys played their butts off. we took
      care of the rock and i thought we disrupted their offensive continuity for much of the game.
      It was that one short stretch that wraggle went off that killed us. we had quite a few short
      shots around the basket that just didn't fall. was a great game between two top 20 teams
      as far as i am concerned. whoever we play at the dance probably isn't going to be used to
      the team defense we play which should give us an advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan40 View Post
        Hey Dave Vance did u make it to st Louis this year. This is jason
        on facebook he said he was not going

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan40 View Post
          Whoops just seen my mistake, armstead all tourney. Damn autocorrect
          And the mistake remains for all to see since you didn't edit your post to correct the error.

Comment

• I will delete it then, but you are welcome for the all tourney results si

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              God I'm proud of these kids and this program. They've got no idea what quit means.

If that 3 goes, we win. CU was out of gas.

I hope we get a decent draw because I totally believe if we can hit a few shots we can go a long, long way in the dance.

Practice hard, get healthy and let's just see what happens.
              Got to agree Doc. Feel bad that D-Will has hit a slump at this point in his final year. This year in particular I'm glad we have the extra week between our final game and the start of Tournament play. I think most of the guys, D-Will and Cle especially, need a little break to get refreshed and refocused. This will also be helpful in reincorporating Ron into the mix.

Were probably going to be an 11 or 12 seed, maybe a 10. I like our chances of being this year's Cinderella.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 10, 2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• For the record, AttyAlum is our favorite WSU-monitoring sCUm fan, DoubleJayAlum:

Hey DoubleLarge, how is it that a No.2 seed who was an underdog going into the game "chokes"? I find it really ironic that you made that comment considering your heavenly team was the ones that nearly choked the game away.

To be fair, a lot of BJ fans have been rational and complimentary over there. Still the typical DB's come out and make dumbass, moronic statements to try and make themselves feel better. DoubleLargeAlum is no stranger in that department. Way to go out on an intelligent note.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  on facebook he said he was not going
                  Had to stay home this year for the first time in years to save a bit, but I'll be sure to go next season. At least now I know it wasn't me being there that caused us to lose :). If we had won this year, I would have had to stay home again next season!

Comment

I'd be curious also what the TV guys had to say about the teams and the atmosphere.
                    Well Tim Brando said some stupid things....
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      Have not heard yet. Armstead can't miss and I hope Carl Hall gets on as well. Who would any of you say was the Shocker MVP player this Season? To me, even though he missed games from injuries, I would have to select Carl Hall.
                      It would be a tough call. I can't believe I am saying this, but if it isn't Carl, then it would be MA. Despite his alter ego Marcus causing some heart burn in the middle of the season, it would be hard to imagine us having the year we had if we did not have him as our PG. We survived and in some cases thrived without Carl. I guess you could say they were both MIA for a few games, each in their own way. Damn glad we had both of them though.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        It would be a tough call. I can't believe I am saying this, but if it isn't Carl, then it would be MA. Despite his alter ego Marcus causing some heart burn in the middle of the season, it would be hard to imagine us having the year we had if we did not have him as our PG. We survived and in some cases thrived without Carl. I guess you could say they were both MIA for a few games, each in their own way. Damn glad we had both of them though.
                        It is a tough call. I have no problem with co-MVP's.

Comment

I'd be curious also what the TV guys had to say about the teams and the atmosphere.
                          Well Tim Brando for starters said the only player on our team that could play for Creighton was Ron Baker..

Comment

• Creighton's post game player and coach interviews: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F-60MwiQcA

Coach McDermott apparently thinks there is a rivalry with Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                              Well Tim Brando for starters said the only player on our team that could play for Creighton was Ron Baker..
                              To be fair, he said there were others that would play and maybe start for Creighton, but Baker was the only player that fit the typical CU player profile.

It sounded like he was insulting Baker to me . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
                                To be fair, he said there were others that would play and maybe start for Creighton, but Baker was the only player that fit the typical CU player profile.

It sounded like he was insulting Baker to me . . .
                                Sounds to me he was referring to the color of his skin. Why else would he say that? How many times has that buffoon seen Ron play?

Comment

Working...
                                X