No announcement yet.

Rubber Match Game Thread CU vs. WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of the importance of shooting along with hittings 3's, I think next Seasons Team will be improved in that area. The mid-range shot of Carl Hall really helped us in this tourney and he worked hard all summer on that. Too bad Baker and Wessel were injured much of this Season. Our foes were wondering, who is this Baker guy? Baker and Wessel also worked hard to improve. We have some incoming players that can score and shoot not to mention Wiggy, Cle, FVV, Cotton and White who are sure to continue to improve that this summer. The more I study this game, the more I understand the importance of having consistent shooters amongst us. The more, the better. Shooting the rock is not a lost art but rather one that teams really work on, especially in the off-season. And don't get me started on the importance of making free-throws.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Carl showed a nice mid-range jumper - I hope it continues.

Comment

• I'd be curious also what the TV guys had to say about the teams and the atmosphere.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            Cle is a shooter but take himself out of games with fouling. Nick is a shooter, but doesn't get PT because of his defense. Fred is a shooter, but spends his time on the bench. Ron is a shooter, but as been hurt. Ditto for Evan. I think we have shooters, but HCGM definitely favors defense, thus DWILL and Tekele get priority.
            Tekele led the Valley in 3-point shooting % over the last 9 games. Even if he didn't you have to have him on the floor for his defesnes and overall toughness.

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
              Anyone hear anything on the all-tournament team, or did I miss that?
              Have not heard yet. Armstead can't miss and I hope Carl Hall gets on as well. Who would any of you say was the Shocker MVP player this Season? To me, even though he missed games from injuries, I would have to select Carl Hall.

Comment

• Wiggy scored 5 points in 5 minutes. Not the first time he has scored a point a minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  The refs did not cost us this game.

Creighton earned it.
                  Did I say the refs cost us this game? No, I said there was a period where they make consecutive tickytack calls against us, and let Creighton get away with some hacks. That in and of itself wasn't the difference, but it made a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    Did I say the refs cost us this game? No, I said there was a period where they make consecutive tickytack calls against us, and let Creighton get away with some hacks. That in and of itself wasn't the difference, but it made a difference.
                    I agree with you. It wasn't THE difference, but it seemed like a few possessions in a row we got called for bumps outside the 3 point line, but we were getting hacked down low with no call.

Comment

• God I'm proud of these kids and this program. They've got no idea what quit means.

If that 3 goes, we win. CU was out of gas.

I hope we get a decent draw because I totally believe if we can hit a few shots we can go a long, long way in the dance.

Practice hard, get healthy and let's just see what happens.

Comment

• Armstead and Hall made all tourney, along with Jackie and Gregory. Dougie was tourney MVP. Don't agree with him getting MVP, but he had a big game yesterday that helped I guess
                        Last edited by Shoxfan40; March 10, 2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Fixed
                          Last edited by Shoxfan40; March 10, 2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Hey Dave Vance did u make it to st Louis this year. This is jason

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Dog View Post
                              Shockers,
                              Helluva effort, helluva comeback, helluva game, helluva season with all of the obstacles you faced. You have a great program and a great coach and some great talent coming back, and for the most part, a great and smart fan base on here (read this thread, you have some idiots, just like we do!)
                              Good Jays fans will miss our rivalry with you the most
                              when we leave the Valley, along with Arch Madness, I sincerely hope that you kick a$$ in the NCAA tourney and next year,
                              I hope that we play yearly in the non-conf and continue this great rivalry
                              its gonna be open season on me but i try and tell it like it is. CU has a great team that really plays together
                              well. They all see the court so well and find the open shooters and you've got some good ones. I think
                              Gibbs is an underrated player who handles the ball alot and always makes the right pass. In my mind he
                              should have been all MVC first team and argued for him on another thread. Your beast was equal to ours
                              today but it was wraggle that killed us. I am one shocker fan that will be rooting for you at the dance and
                              hoping our rivalry continues on. It would really be nice if it was THIS year. I'll tell you this, watch out for
                              us in the future cause were just gonna get better every year.

Comment

• if there was 1 more minutes, we win hands down. im so dam proud to be a shocker, they just don't quit. Onto to bigger and better things this season.
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X