Rubber Match Game Thread CU vs. WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
    No it wasn't. You can argue for calling the timeout to set up a play, but that comes at a cost.

Creighton can set up a defense or choose to foul, not even giving us a three ball opportunity.

You can argue strategy, but you can't say that playing it out was "handled badly".
    Correct, you are just as likely to get a shot due to confusion in transition. The real problem was players on the court. Not enough options. Had there been a foul early, we coul have solved that problem. It is pretty easy to guard a three when you know it is coming and single digits are leftmon the clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      Same old broken record, what is it now, 27 straight years? It's become so common place, anger doesn't even enter the equation after a loss. Like I said before, at least we're dancing to make this loss easier to swallow. Although I see our RPI dropped to 40 (Thank you Charleston Southern for losing to a 15 - 20 Liberty team who won the auto bid).
      KC, I have a question for you. Think back before the Season started and your opinions of how we should do this Season? With that in mind, how did we do?
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Not too many complaints as far as the Refs they let us play. We had a chance at the end.
        Only thing that hurt us most of the game was we didn't quite capitalize on opportunities!

Great Three days from our guys here in St Louis very proud shocker fan!
        "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          i am. what's you're problem?
          shocker stat would be 36-33; not 33-36. Just saying' that's pretty standard stuff
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            KC, I have a question for you. Think back before the Season started and your opinions of how we should do this Season? With that in mind, how did we do?
            I'd honestly like to find a few of those preseason threads he posted in. Pretty sure he had us pegged as a middle of the pack team, like a lot of people, including me. The difference is he then forgets his preseason outlook and changes his negativity shtick as WSU progressed.

But that's a great question FSF, and I'm sure it will go unanswered.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Well uh... yah?

Let me guess, you're supposed to be thrilled with a loss?

You're deplorable.
              man up, *****.

Comment

• Post Game from today
                "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• Anybody know when their plane comes in tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    Passion and Energy, let's go.
                    Well I think we can say we did bring those to this game. Especially, over the final four minutes when the guys had to be dead tired. Great effort down the stretch Shocks. Special kudos to the Beast and to Malcolm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                      Echenique is so frail.. first sight of contact and he drops.. good thing he was never a boxer with that glass jaw
                      Pink shoes definitely earning a spot on the All-Valley Floppers team with his display today.

Comment

• Shockers,
                        Helluva effort, helluva comeback, helluva game, helluva season with all of the obstacles you faced. You have a great program and a great coach and some great talent coming back, and for the most part, a great and smart fan base on here (read this thread, you have some idiots, just like we do!)
                        Good Jays fans will miss our rivalry with you the most when we leave the Valley, along with Arch Madness, I sincerely hope that you kick a$$ in the NCAA tourney and next year,
                        I hope that we play yearly in the non-conf and continue this great rivalry

Comment

• I'm pissed. Effort from the Shox was good. CU can chuck it from three, that's for sure.

Bunch of great athletes. Future looks bright with them. Once Dougie leaves, they won't miss a beat. Probably will be in the top 25 as far as the eye can see.

They can chuck the three.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I have nothing bad to say about this weekend. We played hard, reached the championship game and locked up our 2nd straight at-large bid. Our performance was not a success (only a title quenches that thirst), but it was satisfactory. I am very proud of the fight our guys showed late in the second half.

Now we can enjoy the rest of the conference tournaments knowing that we have no reason to stress when the bid thieves do their thing. This team still has a chance to do things no Shocker team has done before in the postseason (and in a year where there are NO dominant teams, we are absolutely capable of making a big run). On to Selection Sunday!!!

Comment

• I'd like to say I'm confident the shockers are in the tourney no matter what but I won't breathe easy until after next Sunday.

Lots if people who know more than me are saying we're a lock but I guess I've been conditioned to expect the worst when it comes to valley teams and wichita state in particular.

Comment

• Anyone hear anything on the all-tournament team, or did I miss that?

Comment

Working...
                                X