No announcement yet.

Rubber Match Game Thread CU vs. WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish it was Selection Sunday in a couple of hours instead of waiting a week.

Comment

• All of our players gave it their all which makes us very proud. EO, D-Will, and Early were all off today on the execution we are used to. 28 points for FVV. Wiggy and Baker made big shots at the end as well. Only 5 turnovers for us kept us in the game and maybe our lowest of the Season. Now we Dance.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dshocker View Post
        I think it was a joke, bro. I know emotions are high, but we're all on the same team here. :)
        nah.. he's just being a little pouty because the shockers lost.

Comment

• Ofiiciating sucked, both teams shoulda had 8-9 guys foul out.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            Allows Creighton to tell their players to foul us so we don't even get a chance to tie.
            Wookie doesn't foul in those cases. He's said so plenty of times.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Didn't we used to lead the league in FT%?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Wish it was Selection Sunday in a couple of hours instead of waiting a week.
                I hear you, but I remember too vividly the days where the Valley was buried with other conferences on the last weekend. No coverage.

I think we risk being rusty, but the Sunday exposure is worth it for me. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Tough loss, hope they get a series going with CU next year.

Also ready for them to move on at same time. I'm growing tired of all the talk, ready to see them move on and see who is coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    Not looking for excuses, but I don't think Early was completely well from his stomach virus.
                    Anything close to what I had, don't know how he was on the floor.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                      I thought Creighton was handed the game on a silver plate when they had four or five possessions in a row where they were gifted free throws.

It didn't decided the game, but the foul calling in that period gave Creighton a huge number of points without even trying. And of course, it wouldn't be a MVC game if we were getting the same calls.

Great comeback at the end, but the last possession was handled badly. Still, the jokes on the Valley. We have the personnel in place to get better over the next three years.
                      The refs did not cost us this game.

Creighton earned it.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        thanks, forevershockerfan.
                        No prob.---a man's gotta do what a ShockerNetters' gotta do--it's what we do. Got your back baybay. Now is the time for us these here Shocks to get busy for the Big Dance and jack up some brackets for those that cross our path and doubt us. One at a time but I feel the distant thunder of a Su-weet 16 Black and Yellow Manifestation. With our defense, what if we make our fair share of shots? When that occurs, we are scary good.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Wookie doesn't foul in those cases. He's said so plenty of times.
                          Hmm he and several assistants were going Cross X - similar to the intentional foul symbol - over his head when Armstead was dribbling up the floor indicating to me he wanted to foul.

At least that's what I thought I saw.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post
                            I hear you, but I remember too vividly the days where the Valley was buried with other conferences on the last weekend. No coverage.

I think we risk being rusty, but the Sunday exposure is worth it for me. Just my opinion.
                            I used to agree with this until I found out today that it's only regional coverage and they still cut away from the end of the game INSIDE the Valley footprint to get to the start of the Indiana/Michigan game. End of a conference championship or a regular season B1G game?

Makes me question how much coverage we're really getting with this deal.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Congratulations to a very talented Creighton team. Just wow. They are freakin' good.
                              BUT....so our my Shockers!!! I wouldn't be at all surprised to see either team in Elite 8 or Final 4.

GO SHOCKS!!!!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                                All of our players gave it their all which makes us very proud. EO, D-Will, and Early were all off today on the execution we are used to. 28 points for FVV. Wiggy and Baker made big shots at the end as well. Only 5 turnovers for us kept us in the game and maybe our lowest of the Season. Now we Dance.
                                You mean 28 points for MA...FVV wasn't even close.
                                Go Shocks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X