No announcement yet.

Posted on Valley Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never got how UNI used Egleseder last year. I saw him play a n/c game against U of Washington and score about 20 and played well against the UW 7' center, yet he saw next to no playing time against us. I thought he could have torn us up inside the other night, but they didn't feed him the ball. Really perplexing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
      I never got how UNI used Egleseder last year. I saw him play a n/c game against U of Washington and score about 20 and played well against the UW 7' center, yet he saw next to no playing time against us. I thought he could have torn us up inside the other night, but they didn't feed him the ball. Really perplexing to me.
      That's beyond strange, dregn. I have the EXACT memory of the UW game and struggle to understand their use of the big guy as well.

Never fear, however, as the ball will go through Garrett when he is on the floor. I flippin promise you he'll see the ball on every possession that does not feature a breakaway flush (of which there will be many).

Comment

I don't see Garrett as a 4 with Orukpe, I see him trading minutes with Orukpe at the 5. I see the coach wanting to keep the 2nd line as strong or stronger than the 1st line.

Comment

I don't see Garrett trading minutes with Orupke at all, because I just don't believe EO is coming here anymore. But if he does trade minutes, it will be EO coming in for GS, not the other way around.

Garrett also has an opportunity to come down here right after school is out and start working out with the team and learning the system. This will be a big plus as well. I don't know if he plans on starting school this summer, but he can still be down here, or at least drive down here a couple of times a week.

Comment

Next year they'd both pretty much play only the 5. But I think coach hinted that in time, when they both get familiar with D1 ball and the system, that he would consider having them both on the court at the same time. Obviously not always, but it could cause some problems for opposing teams. But, that would also require having at least another guy that goes about 6'9" or so to rotate in with them.....
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
              I don't see Garrett trading minutes with Orupke at all, because I just don't believe EO is coming here anymore. But if he does trade minutes, it will be EO coming in for GS, not the other way around.

Garrett also has an opportunity to come down here right after school is out and start working out with the team and learning the system. This will be a big plus as well. I don't know if he plans on starting school this summer, but he can still be down here, or at least drive down here a couple of times a week.
              hes coming, because Marshall told me he was coming, its just a long process due to 9/11
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Can we get any reputable people out there that "talks" to HCGM and gets "inside info"? Ripemup and Newshock unfortunately just don't qualify.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  Can we get any reputable people out there that "talks" to HCGM and gets "inside info"? Ripemup and Newshock unfortunately just don't qualify.
                  your just jealous because i actually talk to HCGM :yahoo:
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                    Define "talk".. :roll:
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

did newshock say he would ignore you for now on, fever?

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                        Stutz is showing surprising improvement. I wouldn't have been surprised or disappointed to see him at maybe 12 pts and 8 boards in his first year moving from a small school to a big school in KC.

The kind of numbers he's putting up and the attention other teams are giving him makes him a likely all-city pick and a potential all-state pick.
                        I was thinking the same regarding performance from small town to big city. I then remembered he does play AAU in a very competitive area, so he is used to playing against guys from larger KC area schools.
                        That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                          did newshock say he would ignore you for now on, fever?
                          He said it.. but like a lot things he types.. he didn't mean it..
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Is this what you consider "talking":

You: Hey coach!
                            HCGM: Ummm. Hey.
                            You: Whats up?!?!
                            HCGM: Getting ready to coach, I gotta go.
                            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                              Is this what you consider "talking":

You: Hey coach!
                              HCGM: Ummm. Hey.
                              You: Whats up?!?!
                              HCGM: Getting ready to coach, I gotta go.
                              (As HCGM begins walking away): Do you wanna come over after the game and see my collection of vintage GI Joes?
                              HCGM: (answers cell phone that wasn't ringing)

AAANNND Scene.
                              That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X