Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Wichita State, wanna join us in the A-10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
    SLU and Dayton are there now. Were they to ever leave, they could easily be replaced by Valley teams. I don't see the problem there.
    The problem is that we have no reason to believe the A-10 would want to add more MVC teams at some indeterminate time in the future. Using that as a reason to join is adding one more big risk, IMO. If WSU were to insist that Valley teams get first shot at open slots in the A-10, it would help mitigate that risk.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      The problem is that we have no reason to believe the A-10 would want to add more MVC teams at some indeterminate time in the future. Using that as a reason to join is adding one more big risk, IMO. If WSU were to insist that Valley teams get first shot at open slots in the A-10, it would help mitigate that risk.
      WSU wouldn't have to say "Valley Teams". Just that schools from the same geographical area and/or equal distance or closer to WSU be gotten as replacements.

Comment

And there's really only one Valley school I think would want to go and possibly be worthy of going. Bradley. The A10 is going to stay away from anyone who may move football up. Would we really want to bring Drake or Evansville with us?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

IF the A10 replaces Xavier and Butler with two east coast schools (Davidson and Siena?), I'd say that is a pretty good sign that the A10 is waving the white flag on expansion on its west coast. I get the impression that they'd almost rather that the two remaining western schools (SLU and Dayton) move on so that they don't have to worry about the travel issues.

If possible, I like the A10 for you guys over all other options (Some of you may remember that about two years ago, I posted the suggestion that Creighton and WSU petition the A10 for admittance). What the A10 presents is a group of basketball schools that, with the possible exception of UMass, do not harbor any secret football aspirations. By comparison, the MWC is really a group of FB schools that will always be looking to move up to FBS.

Never trust football schools.

Comment

Never trust the Valley to make a good decision. I'd gladly join a bunch of football schools if it meant getting away from this conference and the direction it's heading.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Anywhere but the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
                By comparison, the MWC is really a group of FB schools that will always be looking to move up to FBS.
                I'm guessing you meant to type "MVC" instead of "MWC". Either that or you don't follow college football much; The MWC is FBS.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  Once again, Lusking is a Missouri State fan, not one of ours.

@_kai_ we have a lot of posters marked as being fans of other schools in their profile, can we get that for LuskingforGuttin?
                  Done.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X