Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't let the door hit you

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=9000502

While Butler, Xavier and a team yet to be determined are expected to join the new Big East this fall, the Catholic 7 schools are also expected to add Creighton, Dayton and St. Louis in 2014 for a 13-team league.

just 9?

Comment

Such an inspiring announcement for them! Nothing like being an afterthought in a 2 minute blurb on the afternoon Sportscenter.

Comment

Second I saw that on Sport Center called my brother when he answered "Did you just see that?"
        "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

You can't pretend this doesn't matter.

Comment

Creighton losses three in a row and the pope resigns. They beat Bradley and have a chance to win the MVC and they are leaving the valley for the c7. Wow everyone better eat fish tomorrow. The shockers better just be like the Swiss guard and stay home. (Insert sarcasm)

Comment

I'm sorry, but I think that their is a little bit of jealousy here. I mean, I'm jealous. I would love to be affiliated with those schools. Instead, we'll be associated with schools like Drake and Evansville, where they put like 1000 ppl in the seats every night.

Comment

No matter the conference, I'm confident we have and will have the better program. And lets not pretend that the C7 is full of great teams. They have Georgetown and Marquette. But they also have Providence and DePaul. Nova could rebound and St. John's is ok. Their real power is coming from adding the top schools in the A10 and the fact that Fox is desperate for programming on their new station and is going to pay them well.

It's a solid conference that will probably be a little ahead of us, but still behind the ACC, SEC, XII, B1G and MWC. I'm not sure what to expect out of the new BE and the PAC is the weakest overall of the BcS conferences.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I would do terrible, unspeakable things to get an invite to that conference. I will not hide my jealousy.

Comment

@pogo: said we should just merge with A10 and have east (A10) and west (MVC) divisions. If that would prevent the good schools from leaving the A10 and help us add one in replacement for Creighton that would be a great concept in my mind.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      @pogo said we should just merge with A10 and have east (A10) and west (MVC) divisions. If that would prevent the good schools from leaving the A10 and help us add one in replacement for Creighton that would be a great concept in my mind.
                      Could we still kick out Evansville? I'm OK with any scenario that doesn't involve Evansville.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        @pogo said we should just merge with A10 and have east (A10) and west (MVC) divisions. If that would prevent the good schools from leaving the A10 and help us add one in replacement for Creighton that would be a great concept in my mind.
                        I think the "good" schools (Butler, Xavier, Dayton) are going to go one way or the other.

The MVC should pick off VCU, Richmond and St. Joes and put them with the Indiana schools plus SIU for an eastern division. WSU, MSU, UNI, DU, ISU-R and BU in the west. A nice 12-team league that just improved it's basketball profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          Could we still kick out Evansville? I'm OK with any scenario that doesn't involve Evansville.
                          The same Evansville that beat us twice this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            LOL I don't hate on Evansville like most here do, but I still think it's funny when people give 'em crap.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                              The same Evansville that beat us twice this year?
                              Yep, that Evansville. You know that saying, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"? I don't like that saying.
                              :tongue-new:
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                              X