No announcement yet.

Non Conference Strength of Schedule Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured the oh dear was just because you linked to that hell hole.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      I figured the oh dear was just because you linked to that hell hole.
      If so that makes sense. I don't see another source for this information, however. Other sites provide RPI's and non-conference SOS, but they use different formulas and won't be completely accurate.

Comment

Champ - we've all been asking the same questions. It does not make sense that a game - that was scheduled for us - could change the seeding for Arch Madness.

It really doesn't make that much difference. If sCUm were to tie with us and gain the #1 seed - either side of the Arch Madness bracket will be tough. The teams below us and sCUm are all about the same IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
          Champ - we've all been asking the same questions. It does not make sense that a game - that was scheduled for us - could change the seeding for Arch Madness.

It really doesn't make that much difference. If sCUm were to tie with us and gain the #1 seed - either side of the Arch Madness bracket will be tough. The teams below us and sCUm are all about the same IMHO.
          I don't want to play IlSU on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            So the big question is who owns the tiebreaker between ILS and BU for the 6th place spot (right now). Bradley's non-conferences SOS looks to be pretty weak and ILS probably wins that tiebreaker.

Comment

Despite the way we as fans may view the teams in the Valley, at this point, I would venture to say that our guys fear no one.

Whoever we play should get ready to be curb stomped.

Champagne Campaign from here on out.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Despite the way we as fans may view the teams in the Valley, at this point, I would venture to say that our guys fear no one.

I agree the Shocks should fear no one and I am sure they don't. But the Shocks should also respect everyone and understand they are capable of losing to any team in this league if they go into the game think all they have to do is just show up. I don't think 3G and this senior class will let that happen though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Prez - with your new avatar - I hear James Earl Jones (with a King Jaffe Joffer accent) voice when I'm reading your post. Your post really come to life now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    I do - I want our Shox to be the one that puts their asses on the bus

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      So the big question is who owns the tiebreaker between ILS and BU for the 6th place spot (right now). Bradley's non-conferences SOS looks to be pretty weak and ILS probably wins that tiebreaker.
                      Does Bradley's non-con record affect ours and Creighton's non-con. record? I think it is based only on Creighton and our non-con. record.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        Does Bradley's non-con record affect ours and Creighton's non-con. record? I think it is based only on Creighton and our non-con. record.
                        I was responding to Cdizzle who said he didn't want to see ILS on Friday. The only way we see ILS on Friday if they are in the play-in round.

If Bradley and ILS tie for 6th place and they have split their regular season games (which they have) then the non-con SOS tiebreaker will determine who is the #6 seed and who gets delegated to the play-in round. We will only play ILS on Friday if they fall into the play-in round. Bradley and ILS are currently tied for 6th at 7-9. Whether that will remain the case after 2 more games is anyone's guess.

This is where the real impact of the tiebreaker rules are. If they determine whether or not you escape the play-in round they are huge. Otherwise, they are not that big of a deal really.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                          Prez - with your new avatar - I hear James Earl Jones (with a King Jaffe Joffer accent) voice when I'm reading your post. Your post really come to life now.
                          MY SON WORKS???!!!!!
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Akron getting demolished by Ohio 34-16 in the first half.

Comment

As far as conference seeding for the Tournament there is still a lot to be determined with 1 game remaining. However, we do know the following:

WSU and CU will be the top 2 seeds.

UNI, EU and INS will avoid the play-in round on Thursday. Seeding to be determined.

MSU and SIU will be playing on Thursday. Seediing to be determined.

ILS, BU and DU are looking to avoid playing on Thursday. ILS wins @UNI on Saturday they will be in the top 6 seeds. These 3 teams all split their head-to-head matchups this year. Non-con SOS rankings look to favor DU over ILS and BU and ILS over BU in the event of ties. Since the best BU can do and since BU has the worst non-con SOS looks like the Braves are also locked in to Thursday.

DU can avoid Thursday, and relegate ILS to Thursday, only if they win at home vs SIU and ILS loses @ UNI. All other scenarios favor ILS.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 28, 2013, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                As far as conference seeding for the Tournament there is still a lot to be determined with 1 game remaining. However, we do know the following:

WSU and CU will be the top 2 seeds.

UNI, EU and INS will avoid the play-in round on Thursday. Seeding to be determined.

MSU and SIU will be playing on Thursday. Seediing to be determined.

ILS, BU and DU are looking to avoid playing on Thursday. ILS wins @UNI on Saturday they will be in the top 6 seeds. These 3 teams all split their head-to-head matchups this year. Non-con SOS rankings look to favor DU over ILS and BU and ILS over BU in the event of ties.
                                BU will also be a Thursday team.

IL and DU are fighting for the last Friday game. If IL wins or DU loses then IL plays Friday. If IL Loses and DU wins then DU plays Friday. Bradley has the worst SoS in the conference and loses all tie-breakers between the three teams.

IL St is @ UNI
                                DU is home vs SIU.

SIU with the second worst SoS in the league is going to be the 10 seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X