An interesting game going on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turg will be fine.
    His team plays on national tv 10 times this year and he is in a lot bigger spot light in the big 12. He is probably feelign the pressure, but damn he is 15-4 this year.

It will take him a while to adjust, but he will be fine.

Comment

A&M fans come across as really ignorant of the game. There’s a post over there about the motion offense and what it’s supposed to look like. Granted it doesn’t sound like there’s much movement in MT’s offense right now but they really haven’t a clue what motion offense is.

Comment

If I were an AM fan, I might be a bit concerned. They face three decent teams and lose them all.

On the other hand all three are possible tourney teams.

Obviously there is a lot of season left.

Clemson and WSU raced out to great records early last year and then neither made the tourney.

Comment

Classic Turgeon, in the Top 10 and then his team fall apart
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

WARNING: Totally irresponsible and I hope clearly hypothetical question only designed to stir people up:

Suppose for the sake of argument Turgeon is fired and Marshall goes to South Carolina--would you want him back?

I know it's not realistic on any number of levels, so don't tell me about how they won't fire him, or he wouldn't want to come back, or Marshall's not leaving, etc--I know that--I'm just interested to know if people would hire Turgeon again under those circumstances. What's the internet for if not meaningless bickering?

For what it's worth, I'd say no.

Comment

Turg will eventually be fired down there. Very, very few coaches leave of their own accord. No I don't think the fans or the administration would take him back, even those who wish him well.

Comment

DC, I would say no. With Marshall having been here less than a year, we saw what type of player can be recruited to WSU.

I don't want anymore teams that hinge on finding "diamonds in the rough". It's ok to utilize your talent evaluation skills to go find a guy that isn't being heavily recruited (Burns, Braeuer, Durley), but I want it to be because we found him early (Murry, Kyles), not because there was little competition for his services.

Comment

Originally posted by DCShockerFan05
                  WARNING: Totally irresponsible and I hope clearly hypothetical question only designed to stir people up:

Suppose for the sake of argument Turgeon is fired and Marshall goes to South Carolina--would you want him back?
                  Only a loser take back their old girlfriend who comes crawling back - so it's got to be no.

Comment

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I thought that was A&M's first home loss in 15 tries dating back to probably last season, but more interestingly, I thought A&M has lost every true road game they've played this year.

Comment

Both of these coaches will be at their respective schools next Fall, but to answer the question, NO. I 100 percent agree with Royal and SB Shock.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by DCShockerFan05

I know it's not realistic on any number of levels, so don't tell me about how they won't fire him, or he wouldn't want to come back, or Marshall's not leaving, etc--I know that--I'm just interested to know if people would hire Turgeon again under those circumstances. What's the internet for if not meaningless bickering?

For what it's worth, I'd say no.
                        Didn't think of this hypothetical. But how do you think MT would feel next season sitting down in College Station if TB were hired?

Comment

I find it interesting at the aTm fans complaining that turg won't run a zone defense...

Comment

You can also find guys like Bill Raftery ragging on him for not playing zone when the situation begs for it.

Comment

Turg

He's mentioned a number of times how he has more privacy in College Station, people don't bother him in public, etc. Well, he's now learning that the fans have unrealistically high expectations of their teams and coaches. Coaches aren't overpraised when they do well - they are expected to do well - and they are way over criticized when they don't do well. He's just now learning how critical the fanbase can be down there.

Comment

Royal, while I'm hopeful and enthusiastic about our incoming class, I have felt the same way about Turgeon-recruited classes in the past that didn't pan out. So, I'd say we don't really not what level of player (except Griskenas) Marshall will be bringing in. But, on paper, looks pretty good.
                                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Working...
                                X