I thought I had heading home.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I had heading home.....

...you gotta feel for Coach Marshall. He starts the year frantically trying to make up for the recruiting mess left by Turgeon. One recruit dies on the court in front of him. Another recruit can't even get into the country. He starts the season with an injured player, and with only one person who really understands his system. THAT person ends up with a concussion that basically ends his career. One of his backup point guards (the walk-on) then gets injured. The player that started the year injured gets better, then leaves the university. Now another player is essentially done with his career thanks to a blown-up knee.

Add to this the speculation about USC, where either he's actually interested in the job and torn up inside about wanting the job but not wanting to throw the WSU program under the bus to get it, or he's not really interested in the job and is pissed off that people keep thinking he does want it.

You know what, he hasn't pulled a Huggins on us yet, and the man needs some love. Let's cut the coaching carousel talk and just help the man through the rest of this season.

Sunrise is comin'.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

agreed
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8neQJlTvMSs
        ...gettin' a little smoky in here.

Comment

Our woes actually started around Vegas last year. Prior to that, we were on "Cloud 9." Rome was not built in a year. This Program will march forward!!!!!!! It takes time. HCGM will reload!!!!!!!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

GM is really hanging his season on the recruiting class. He continually mentions it as the one good thing that has occurred since taking the job.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              GM is really hanging his season on the recruiting class. He continually mentions it as the one good thing that has occurred since taking the job.
              This has correctly been noted before and deserves being brought back up. HCGM has completely hung his hat on next season. After watching enough games this year I see why. We are bringing a knife to a gunfight every game. If he misses on this class we'll wish he left for SC in October. If he hits, he'll be the hero. He's betting the house.

Speaking of knife to a gunfight...
              Indiana Jones have a duel with man who have a big sword.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Royal I beleive it's the right strategy and gets us thinking about the future. Better Days! That my friend is the same mentality one has when down range for over a year, Better Days!
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

That Indiana Jones exerts is one of my favorites ever. Soon, we will have the players to overcome most of the issues we are facing this year.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Re: I thought I had heading home.....

Originally posted by HockeyShock
                    ...you gotta feel for Coach Marshall. He starts the year frantically trying to make up for the recruiting mess left by Turgeon. One recruit dies on the court in front of him. Another recruit can't even get into the country. He starts the season with an injured player, and with only one person who really understands his system. THAT person ends up with a concussion that basically ends his career. One of his backup point guards (the walk-on) then gets injured. The player that started the year injured gets better, then leaves the university. Now another player is essentially done with his career thanks to a blown-up knee.

Add to this the speculation about USC, where either he's actually interested in the job and torn up inside about wanting the job but not wanting to throw the WSU program under the bus to get it, or he's not really interested in the job and is pissed off that people keep thinking he does want it.

You know what, he hasn't pulled a Huggins on us yet, and the man needs some love. Let's cut the coaching carousel talk and just help the man through the rest of this season.

Sunrise is comin'.

I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Re: I thought I had heading home.....

Originally posted by HockeyShock

Sunrise is comin'.

You also forget to add that one of Gregg's former players at Winthrop also passed away
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

...what's Ejike Hart up to?

Did he ever graduate?
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

It can only get better! :good:

Program is solid.

- 10,000 people are here...
                          - a good Head Coach is here...
                          - Good players will come...
                          - Wichita St. will win....

:goshocks: :wsu_posters: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :goshocks: :posterwu: :wsu_posters: :posterwsu:
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker
                            It can only get better! :good:

Program is solid.

- 10,000 people are here...
                            - a good Head Coach is here...
                            - Good players will come...
                            - Wichita St. will win....

:goshocks: :wsu_posters: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :goshocks: :posterwu: :wsu_posters: :posterwsu:
                            Amen, it can't get any worse. Since starting 9-0 last year, the Shox have won 16 out of their last 41 games. We've hit the bottom and we can only go up from here. I take that back, we can only go up after this season is over.

Comment

We were saying the exact same thing. We should have all known (and some of us did know, deep down inside where we didn't want to admit it) that this year could very well end up like this.

I mean you know things aren't going to be good when a recruit dies in front of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X