Refs punished from WSU vs Ill. St. game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refs punished from WSU vs Ill. St. game

The Missouri Valley Conference has disciplined the officiating crew from Sunday night's Wichita State-Illinois State game after it awarded technical foul shots to the wrong player in the closing seconds of the game.

I just chalk this up to Karma. Now what punishment for not immediately calling the flagrant kick, 33 fouls or the blatant charge at the end of the game?

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ois-state-game

I just chalk this up to Karma. Now what punishment for not immediately calling the flagrant kick, 33 fouls or the blatant charge at the end of the game?
    There won't be any. The MVC has had four years to address his wild elbows, chop blocks and other stuff like this. They have never given the slightest indication that they are prepared to make him play basketball and not rugby. Don't expect them to grow a set in his senior season. Just come ready to mix it up when you play him and pray they call it the same way on both sides of the court. BTW- I completely expect Tekele Cotton bring a brand new can the next time they play. He will remember this and will amp up his game accordingly. Thanks for the motivation JC.

Comment

Originally posted by WuHu View Post
      There won't be any. The MVC has had four years to address his wild elbows, chop blocks and other stuff like this. They have never given the slightest indication that they are prepared to make him play basketball and not rugby. Don't expect them to grow a set in his senior season. Just come ready to mix it up when you play him and pray they call it the same way on both sides of the court. BTW- I completely expect Tekele Cotton bring a brand new can the next time they play. He will remember this and will amp up his game accordingly. Thanks for the motivation JC.
      Are you on drugs? No matter what anyone thinks of last nights incident, Jackie Carmichael has been nothing but a class guy since he arrived in Normal. He's a very good player. A big, strong, athletic guy who plays the game the right way. One lapse in judgement, a slit second judgement at that, does not make him a horrible guy and shouldn't cause anyone to start making stuff up him.

You can say all you want about Wilkens after the display last year, but JC shouldn't be lumped in with him.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I wondered if Early got to shoot those.....but if it was a tech, why not?

Comment

oops...flagrant not a tech...my bad.

Comment

May we also have the 2 points back on the throws they should have never got in the first place due to the "bird's eye view mysterious no call?" Okay, maybe not. However, we thank the basketball gods for some help on the last miss by JC at the end because I have seen that young man making such shots often for 4 long Seasons. A lttle poetic justice goes along way when fighting for a Conference Championship after already getting a mysterious goal-tending call at the bloody end of the SIU game.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Yes, Cotton would've nailed both free throws anyway, so it is a moot point. Book it.

Comment

Side note -

Title of that page that's linked "Mountain Valley Conference" -- article reads correctly, but the title of the page comes up "Mountain"

Comment

I saw that...classic! Mountain!

Comment

I am curious as to what they are getting reprimanded for as well. was it just that cle shot the free throws? The kick should have been dead ball instantly. Then looked at, then tekele shooting. The foul that occurred after shouldnt have ever happened and they should not have got free throws. Then I dont know how in the world a charge is not called on last play. I understand they probably were told to let players decide the game after the siu game but there is a difference in letting them decide the game and letting them be completely out of control and run over a guy.

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7 View Post
                      I am curious as to what they are getting reprimanded for as well. was it just that cle shot the free throws? The kick should have been dead ball instantly. Then looked at, then tekele shooting. The foul that occurred after shouldnt have ever happened and they should not have got free throws. Then I dont know how in the world a charge is not called on last play. I understand they probably were told to let players decide the game after the siu game but there is a difference in letting them decide the game and letting them be completely out of control and run over a guy.
                      If Carl would have raised his arms, you can bet your ass he would have been whistled for a foul, I'd bet.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

So in two of the last three games we have had:
                        - An IL State player being ejected after receiving two Technical fouls, one for targeting a WSU players grapes
                        - An IL State player receiving a Flagrant 1 foul after giving a WSU player the "flying round house kick of death"
                        - An IL State Assistant Coach following our guys to their locker room cussing them out and having to be restrained by security.

and the MVC feels the most important issue that needed to be addressed was that the refs sent the wrong WSU player to the line to shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                          So in two of the last three games we have had:
                          - An IL State player being ejected after receiving two Technical fouls, one for targeting a WSU players grapes
                          - An IL State player receiving a Flagrant 1 foul after giving a WSU player the "flying round house kick of death"
                          - An IL State Assistant Coach following our guys to their locker room cussing them out and having to be restrained by security.

and the MVC feels the most important issue that needed to be addressed was that the refs sent the wrong WSU player to the line to shoot?
                          And we are dirty and classless
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Bruce and Bob just said that the Valley refs get paid at least $1500 per game. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Bruce and Bob just said that the Valley refs get paid at least $1500 per game. Damn.
                              And that suprises you? How much did you think D1 basketball refs where paid?

Comment

Working...
                              X