Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    I sorta like Malcomb at the 2 for reasons as follows:

1. I believe Malcomb will have less turnovers there. Presently Malcomb is averaging 3.4 turnovers per game. Since he will be touching the ball less, I am hopeful his turnover rate will decrease.

2. Malcomb is shooting 36.8% from three. It is pretty good for this team. I believe he will have better quality attempts available to him from the 3 line. (Notice I crafted the words carefully. If he goes crazy with forced attempts, then it will not be good.)

3. Fred's stats for turnovers and personal fouls for the last 10 games are off the chart good.
    ---a. 18.5 minutes per game
    ---b. 0.8 turnovers per game
    ---c. 1.0 personal fouls per game
    Well he has 31 assists in the last 10 games for 3.1 assists per game. Using your turnovers number: 3.1 / 0.8 = an OUTSTANDING A/T ratio of 3.875. That makes him the 6th best freshman in the country over the last 10 conference games, and in 40th place overall in that stat over the last 10 conference games.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Well he has 31 assists in the last 10 games for 3.1 assists per game. Using your turnovers number: 3.1 / 0.8 = an OUTSTANDING A/T ratio of 3.875. That makes him the 6th best freshman in the country over the last 10 conference games, and in 40th place overall in that stat over the last 10 conference games.
      Nice analysis. Two thumbs up. Way up.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

As we said all along, we also need Cotton shooting more 3's baybay. Or maybe we just wanted him to make more of them? Mr. Cotton usually draws our foes best player and contains them to a mild roar. It is not unusual for the key games we are now to play for a Coach to shorten the bench a tad. However, we were so deep and solid from top to bottom at the early stages of this Season, but now we have been fighting htrough too many injuries. If Mr. Baker can get well enough to play and get in game shape in time, we would welcome him back with open arms.Furthermore, we really need our Senior D-Will back. Look for FVV and Wiggy to have some solid games from here and Cle and Hall are due to really break lose. Armstead will also step up. I really like our chances with this team but we have to play our very best to get through such tough games unscathed.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Personally, I liked Malcolm at the 2. He didn't try to drive the ball stupidly as much and since he's been shooting well recently, it made him be more of a shooter. I like Fred in the drivers seat more, but Malcolm is still good for other court production.

Side note: Anyone find it interesting that we aren't too worried at all about a senior who is out with an injury??
          Just shows that deep deep bench, baby!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            But if DWill's injury was why FVV, who averaged less than 16 mpg, got 35, how come Armstead, who was shooting lights out and averages over 26 mpg, got only 22?
            Cause Armstead was having foul issues

Comment

With Malcolm in foul trouble and DWill injured someone had to step it up and FVV did. I really like Fred's game and expect him to continue to see increased minutes at the point this season and then him owning the job the next three years. The future just looks brighter all the time.

Comment

Hey Ricardoe, his name is spelled Malcolm.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  I thought it was Marcus.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Marty.

Comment

I heard he prefers Montelious.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        Hey Pi,

Dang! I knew folks were hacking on me, but I just did not git it. Thanks for the corrección.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          I thought it was Marcus.
                          Lmao

Comment

Working...
                          X