• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool story - thx for sharing!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I will never forget that game for the rest of my life and I dont think Marshall will either, its one of the things that make him tick
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I may have listened to that game on the radio but after seeing replays, I was absolutely shocked. So glad we have gotten so much stronger since that point.

Go shocks

Comment

I still can't believe we ever took the lead that game, I was in shock after Toure made that three. If only Clevin had grabbed that ball...

Comment

It's times like that which define a mans character. We now know the kind of man coach GM is.
            We unfortunately have now discovered what kind of man Doug Elgin is.
            "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
            which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

that game should have been the break-through for wichita state. not that they would have beaten ilsu next, but..

'tough road, not even close to done.

Comment

Man, the 1.9 has become so infamous, I completely forgot about the amazing 22 point comeback. That's what made it even worse.

Comment

I will never accept that we lost that game. The Shocks won the game, fair and square. The outcome was changed by incompetent people resulting in someone else being allowed to advance.

I don't care what anyone else says.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I will never accept that we lost that game. The Shocks won the game, fair and square. The outcome was changed by incompetent people resulting in someone else being allowed to advance.

this

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Just ... like ... UConn.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Just ... like ... UConn.
                        I named that demon 'Fred'.

Hi, Fred, longtime no see. Have a seat, I'll buy you a beer.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Hope you clicked on the +1 at the bottom of that article.

Comment

I remember walking away from the TV for a bit during that game just to save my marriage and the furniture. My 9 year old son had done the same. I come back into the room 5 minutes later and the comeback was on! It was such a heart breaking way for it to end and just added to the frustration that St. Louis has become for this program. THIS YEAR IS THE YEAR!!!! And I hope we get to do it against CU and I hope we do it with the same type of win we did at their place last year.

Comment

I wouldn't say that 1.9 minutes is the darkest days of Shocker Basketball that was the 90's. It was a top five shity moments for sure. I remember being in the stands when the texts started coming to all of us in the arena. Talking about watching the replay and seeing that the clock had started late.
                              "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Working...
                              X