X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message from Bill Self

Asked by ESPN's Andy Katz:

Why doesn't Kansas play Wichita State?
    "Kansas hasn't played Wichita State for years, way before I was the coach at Kansas. … Iowa plays Northern Iowa because the state legislature says you have to. If someone were to come and say something that it's law, then we would have to. But you schedule to benefit your own school, not to benefit others. You have to benefit your own school. I want to play games that benefit us, and, from a financial standpoint, it's hard to play games away from Allen Fieldhouse since that's our main source of budget every year.''

... if financial issues are the only hinderances at hand as to why KU wont play WSU, why then, doesn't Marshall's idea a three game series, playing at Sprint, Intrust and in Lawrence get any traction?

The UNI meetings with Iowa and Iowa State haven't been legislatively mandated for almost 20 years now.

Edit: And I guarantee he's aware of that. That's a b.s. shield to hide behind when it's a lie and you know it.

Comment

If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, did it make a sound.

If you ignore something, will it go away?
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Maybe Andy Katz should ask him the excuse for Nebraska-Creighton? Another non-existant law? What a joke.

Comment

Yes, but they were apparently willing to play USC at Intrust recently (although it never happened).... And they play 2 or 3 times a year at Sprint Center...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

re:

"from a financial standpoint, it's hard to play games away from Allen Fieldhouse since that's our main source of budget every year"
            - Bill Self

So why does KU schedule teams like Davidson and Washington St at the Sprint Center every year if this were true?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, did it make a sound.

If you ignore something, will it go away?
              The answer appears to be an emphatic "no" on that one.

Comment

If it's a money issue. Tell Self that if he plays at Koch arena, KU will receive 100% of the gate and we will even pass a hat around at halftime to secure a little more for them. And we could get Qt to throw in a gas card for the bus ride...
                Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

I have something to offer; I would be willing to wear Crimson and Blue if they come to Koch Arena. Of course I would buy my sKUm shirt at Wal-Mart.. where all the rest of their fans buy them.

KU is so scared it isn't even funny. They act as if it would be an automatic loss to schedule us...

CHICKUNS!

T

...:cool:

Comment

F**K Bill Self and F**K KU.

That is all.

Comment

Remember, they do have a lousy football program to pay for.

Comment

I seriously dont get this line of thinking, wouldnt you want your team to play tough non conference road games to get your team ready for conference play
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                          I seriously dont get this line of thinking, wouldnt you want your team to play tough non conference road games to get your team ready for conference play
                          In fairness, conference play isn't something that KU has trouble with... The Big 12 doesn't out up much of a fight anymore.... Now the NCAA tournament...

Comment

You know, I'm probably alone on here in being ok with Bill Self, but that is a stupid response, let alone gutless.

Comment

Ya know, that horse over there lying motionless needs to be struck repeatedly with a blunt object.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X