No announcement yet.

chris and randy vs.bruce and bob....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I appreciate his candor, but his "Yosemite Sam" approach to commercials makes me wonder if he has a beach towel draped around his mike.

Comment

listen to a mike kennedy ad, and then a randy ad...whooooa! however, one IS a trained pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheaties
        Originally posted by fastbow
        I would listen more, but the commercials on 1410 make me change the station, and I forget to turn back...

Seriously, does Wichita have the worst radio ads in the world?
        Call 722 7 six hundred!

R-QUIP

R-QUIP somethin

Call us today

Dammit, there's another one that is pretty brutal but I can't think of it, all I can think of is that painful Ready-Rooter one.
        Go, Go, Go, Wireless! Oh, they may only be television commercials? The young lady is easy on the eyes.
        :good:
        SFL is back!

Comment

The one that ALWAYS gets me is hearing Randy hawk windows and remodeling....

Southern makes coming home, maintenance-free!
          That's fabulous!

Btw, it's Southard. Wes and Randy have been friends for more than 15 years. Renewal by Anderson, come on! My 7 year old knows this!

You know something though....in all seriousness.....it would appear the ads are effective.

Southard makes coming home.......maintenance free!

Comment

Shane Dennis might be the best of all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
              Id rather eat that crap that my daughter leaves in her diapers than applebees.
              Same thing

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
                Definately Randy and Chris. They come off as more 'down to earth' and less know-it-all. Bob and Bruce are ok, in small doses.

However, Randy cracks me up (and his dad too--though I enjoy Gene too) when he seems to say "...and again" when starting his thoughts/statements way too often, regardless of whether or not he's truly reiterating something. Does anyone get what I'm saying? Maybe it's just me.
                One of the hardest things to do as a broadcaster is not to use a crutch. You can see/hear it even in the pros. James Brown on CBS used to be really bad about it.

Comment

(going for the 3fer)

Speaking of local commercials, is there a commercial that has been running longer than

B... SI business... systems ... incorporated! B... SI ... it works!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
                    I would listen more, but the commercials on 1410 make me change the station, and I forget to turn back...

Call 722 7 six hundred!

R-QUIP

R-QUIP somethin

Call us today

Dammit, there's another one that is pretty brutal but I can't think of it, all I can think of is that painful Ready-Rooter one.
                    Go, Go, Go, Wireless! Oh, they may only be television commercials? The young lady is easy on the eyes.

she's my boss

Comment

Originally posted by rockthechuck
                      Originally posted by SFL

Call 722 7 six hundred!

R-QUIP

R-QUIP somethin

Call us today

she's my boss
                      Does she look as good in person? If so, you lucky devil. :good:
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That's fabulous!

Btw, it's Southard. Wes and Randy have been friends for more than 15 years. Renewal by Anderson, come on! My 7 year old knows this!

You know something though....in all seriousness.....it would appear the ads are effective.

Southard makes coming home.......maintenance free!
                        They are Tin Men just like every other overpriced vinyl siding and vinyl window contractor in Wichita.

If you want a four hour visit with husband and wife both required to be there they are the guys for you.
                        Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                          Originally posted by SFL

Call 722 7 six hundred!

R-QUIP

R-QUIP somethin

Call us today

she's my boss

I would say yes

Comment

Originally posted by SFL

Call 722 7 six hundred!

R-QUIP

R-QUIP somethin

Call us today

she's my boss

I would say yes

You'd better say yes. This isn't some kind of mom and pop board you know!

Comment

One time at the Tourney in STL, we were walking from Union Station to Savvis (it'll always be Savvis to me, even though it was Kiel prior to that), Bruce was headed that way also. So, of course, being good Shocker fans, we had to strike up a conversation.

We asked one question (so, what's the inside scoop for the upcoming game?) and then, Bruce proceeded to give us a full scouting report on the game, the players, other team's match-ups, and so-on.

It was like we were watching our own little TV. After we went separate ways, everybody just cracked up. It was one of the funniest memories of heading to the 'Looooo.

Comment

Originally posted by SFL

Call 722 7 six hundred!

R-QUIP

R-QUIP somethin

Call us today

she's my boss

I would say yes
                                You aren't the goofy looking guy in the commercial with her, always trying too hard to be funny, are ya?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X