No announcement yet.

chris and randy vs.bruce and bob....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't this an apples and oranges question?

I agree with you narrative assessment.

Go Shocks!!!!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I would listen more, but the commercials on 1410 make me change the station, and I forget to turn back...

Seriously, does Wichita have the worst radio ads in the world?
      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
      Students > Alumni
      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

I think it is freaking awesome that we have TWO local sport talk shows.

I love Chris he doesn't pretend to know everything and does an honest job. They had a reporter on the show from the SC area the other day. It was cool to hear his views and have Chris and Randy bounce thoughts off of him.

B and B are more tenured but also talk a lot about non sports related things.

But like I said it is bad a$$ to have two show devoted to local sports.

SLK

Comment

Bruce and Bob because I can't get KGSO to come in anyway.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I like Bruce and Bob.

Bruce is the best sports guy across the board in Wichita by a mile in my opinion. He's at the top of his game during Shockers TV broadcasts and pretty good on the radio. I could see how people could be rubbed the wrong way with him because he uses big words and has to get the last word, which give some the vibe that he thinks he's smarter than everyone but that's how I like my radio guys, smart, informed and aware of that fact but to each his own.

Bob is alright, has a really bad voice and energy for the radio but he and Bruce have a good chemistry to them. Bruce absolutely has to carry Steven, but not Bob. And Savage says dumb things all the time but he's funny and seems like a great down to earth guy.

I won't bad mouth the other show or anything, I just don't like it as much. They have definitely improved and I listen to SoundOff. I'm glad we have two shows like this, not long ago it was The Phil Stephenson Show (which was horrid) at like 4pm and that was it.

Oh and Rose, if you paid 15 bucks a month for these shows they wouldn't have to "whore out" for Ryan's Liquor. :)

Edit: Changed "That" to "Thay" to "They" Proofreading ftw

Comment

I'm just glad we have two local sports shows. It's sure much better than the one total hour per day we got five years ago before Sports Daily went to two hours.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                I would listen more, but the commercials on 1410 make me change the station, and I forget to turn back...

Call 722 7 six hundred!

R-QUIP

R-QUIP somethin

Call us today

Dammit, there's another one that is pretty brutal but I can't think of it, all I can think of is that painful Ready-Rooter one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheaties
                  Originally posted by fastbow

Call 722 7 six hundred!

R-QUIP

R-QUIP somethin

Call us today

Dammit, there's another one that is pretty brutal but I can't think of it, all I can think of is that painful Ready-Rooter one.
                  The worst is Applebee's on the Coach's Show.

"My wife works hard, the kids are 10-6 and 3, our lives together get a little crazy..."
                  I'd rather eat fast food than Applebee's and that song is so twangy it hurts my head.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Id rather eat that crap that my daughter leaves in her diapers than applebees.

Comment

I like Bruce and Bob.

Bruce is the best sports guy across. the board in Wichita by a mile in my opinion. He's at the top of his game during Shockers TV broadcasts and pretty good on the radio. I could see how people could be rubbed the wrong way with him because he uses big words and has to get the last word, which give some the vibe that he thinks he's smarter than everyone but that's how I like my radio guys, smart, informed and aware of that fact but to each his own.

Bob is alright, has a really bad voice and energy for the radio but he and Bruce have a good chemistry to them. Bruce absolutely has to carry Steven, but not Bob. And Savage says dumb things all the time but he's funny and seems like a great down to earth guy.

I won't bad mouth the other show or anything, I just don't like it as much. They have definitely improved and I listen to SoundOff. I'm glad we have two shows like this, not long ago it was The Phil Stephenson Show (which was horrid) at like 4pm and that was it.

Oh and Rose, if you paid 15 bucks a month for these shows they wouldn't have to "whore out" for Ryan's Liquor. :)

:rotf: Ricky from the River & others is/are afraid of big words and I assume Canadian pronounciations :rotf:

Again, both are have respective strengths and weaknesses. It's apples and oranges to me. Like most, having quality (subjective I know) diversity is important and essential.

Go Shocks!!!!
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

The one that ALWAYS gets me is hearing Randy hawk windows and remodeling....

Southern makes coming home, maintenance-free!
                        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                        Students > Alumni
                        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
                          I like Bruce and Bob.

Bruce is the best sports guy across. the board in Wichita by a mile in my opinion. He's at the top of his game during Shockers TV broadcasts and pretty good on the radio. I could see how people could be rubbed the wrong way with him because he uses big words and has to get the last word, which give some the vibe that he thinks he's smarter than everyone but that's how I like my radio guys, smart, informed and aware of that fact but to each his own.

:rotf: Ricky from the River & others is/are afraid of big words and I assume Canadian pronounciations :rotf:

Again, both are have respective strengths and weaknesses. It's apples and oranges to me. Like most, having quality (subjective I know) diversity is important and essential.

Go Shocks!!!!
                          One time a guy called in using a redneck accent saying how much he loved Bruce when he used "all them big purty words" and kept telling him how smart he was. It was hilarious.

Comment

i never tire of hearing randy do ads...mainly for the entertainment value, more thananything else. it's always 'wes and the guys', 'tom and his gang',as well as the phrase 'been in the bidness', and 'tell em coach smithson sent ya'...having said that, those people are probably thrilled to have randy doing it.

bruce, on the other hand, provides HIS entertainment with his big words that i'm pretty sure he's not totally down with meaning wise.

and i may be the one person who really enjoys crusty old bob on the radio...

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio

Personally, I think Bruce is so over-bearing that I can only listen for about 5 minutes at a crack. He never shuts up and he always has to have the last word.
                              Ditto!!!
                              By the way...which one's Pink?
                              MTXE

Comment

You gotta like Randy as well for calling it as it is:

While discussing all the injuries the team has right now he stated that Marshall has to "coach the h-e-l-l out of the healthy players" and get guys like Mantas and Durley, who is a "lazy tur*" to get with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X