Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall on Wichita State's fanbase

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Great interview! Though coach is off about when we last played KU, but we've all tried to forget the dark days.

And you have the particulars of Marshall's offer to KU for a 3-game series: KC, Lawrence, Intrust.

Comment

Great to hear HCGM talk about a potential series with KU. How can you not love HCGM.
      Last edited by Ta Town Shocker; January 24, 2013, 08:19 PM.
      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

If we can stick in the top 25 for a few years, we might be able to get that series with KU set up. We have to offer something to KU for the game - and the only thing we can really offer is the possibility of quality win. If we should beat KU, it would have to be considered a "quality" loss by the polls and the Selection Committee.

When we can do that, we can play KU. Maybe 5 - 10 more years of Marshall at the helm might get us that series.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Great interview! Though coach is off about when we last played KU.
          Wasn't 88 the last time we played KU in our arena? That may have been some of his memory.

Comment

They just had to bring up the Battle Cry Of New Orleans. There were 2 huge shots by Mike Jones (who never seen a shot he did not dig on) at the end. When he released the 1st 22'-25' shot FSF yells "No, No No, Yes, Yes, Yes!!!" Next thing I know, it almost seemed like he was 22'-25' away again. By then, you would think I could be calm and collected!!! Mike Jones receives the pass, pulls the trigger again and 2nd verse--same as the first---"No, No, No----YES BAYBAY, YES,YES---This was indeed some of the best Shocker groovy graaavy war stories I have ever partook of and am still elated about it to this very day. Pass me some mo of that action please and the sooner the better.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Great clip. Mucho gracias.

There you have it KU. An offer to play the Shocks without a trip to Koch. I loved that he put that out there!

Love our Coach!
              Last edited by ShockerFever; January 25, 2013, 01:09 PM.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Gregg said he keeps working on Bill. I don't think the offer is anything new. It's probably been brushed off several times.
                In the fast lane

Comment

The last time we played KU, myself and a couple other DU's departed early for the Flicker to wash away our Shocker blues because we were getting by 46 points at the time. I really liked Coach Thompson but we are light years ahead of those days. But I do remember beating KU on a couple of occasions :)

Go Shocks!!!!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I think Tim Brando does a great job. This was a good interview. And I don't think we will see that series any time soon. Maybe a 1 game put on by CBS or ESPN in KC or Lawrence.

Comment

I was just on ESPN and was reading Andy Katz's chat from today. I would link it but I'm on my phone right now so I can't. Anyway the following question was asked of Katz.

Why is KU unwilling to play WSU? It's not like it would hurt their RPI.

Katz's answer was "Because they don't have to. Bill Self was pretty clear about that to me."

Sorry folks, that game is never going to happen unless it is in the NCAA Tournament or a pre-season tournament.

Comment

Folks need to come to peace with this. If KU (and other like schools) continue to choose taking their losses to well-coached, disciplined, quality teams they think are beneath them in the first rounds of the tournament instead of December, so be it. I'll never understand it, but there you have it. The same could be said for any BCS conference team actually interested in winning on the road and winning their conference championship.

Comment

Usually if a BCS school plays the other schools in their state it's because they have to. I think the Iowa state legislature makes Iowa and Iowa St. play Drake and UNI. If you really want this game to happen then start writing your local congressman. Like Katz said, this game won't happen until KU has to.

Comment

I'm good with meeting them in the tourney somewhere along the way. If we would win, the chances of a regular season game go up quite a bit I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                              Usually if a BCS school plays the other schools in their state it's because they have to. I think the Iowa state legislature makes Iowa and Iowa St. play Drake and UNI. If you really want this game to happen then start writing your local congressman.
                              False
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X