Hypothetical Bracketbuster Matchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical Bracketbuster Matchup

First, this won't happen. CU (again) has a break and gets a quality roadie at Belmont and would NEVER agree to this even if it were allowed, but let's discuss.

What if both WSU and CU run the table to BB. Both are 25-2 and ranked in the top 10. The first game was an explosive atmosphere, great on the Deuce. What if enough incentive was brought to bear to force the game.

What if they mandated we play at Intrust instead? It would be great for the RPI. The winner almost assuredly would clinch a protected seed, and the loser would still be in contention.

Again, it won't happen, but would you support it if it did? If you are a BJ don't bother. I know you aren't interested, for a variety of reasons.

I say do it at the Sprint Center. halfway between both schools.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      First, this won't happen. CU (again) has a break and gets a quality roadie at Belmont and would NEVER agree to this even if it were allowed, but let's discuss.

What if both WSU and CU run the table to BB. Both are 25-2 and ranked in the top 10. The first game was an explosive atmosphere, great on the Deuce. What if enough incentive was brought to bear to force the game.

What if they mandated we play at Intrust instead? It would be great for the RPI. The winner almost assuredly would clinch a protected seed, and the loser would still be in contention.

Again, it won't happen, but would you support it if it did? If you are a BJ don't bother. I know you aren't interested, for a variety of reasons.
      Doc,

That is a great idea! Even if one or both teams don't win through to the BB, that would probably be the best available matchup in the BB field. IBA would be fine - just give season ticket holders a voucher to use to get a seat for the game. Oh, and we'd have to bump the Arenacross out of IBA that weekend. ;)

--'85.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
        I say do it at the Sprint Center. halfway between both schools.
        Well, since we're talking all hypothetical, I believe Lawrence is about halfway as well! :wsu_posters:
        After all, they are so worried about losing money... Hosting an event that their bball team has no chance of losing is like free money right?!

Comment

Or if both teams make it to the final game in St Lou, they refuse to play the championship game unless it's at Sprint Center. BAHAHAHAH
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

After Creighton's performance tonight, well never mind, but at least we got to talk about it.

Comment

Working...
            X