No announcement yet.

playing ku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's not schedule KU in baseball and call it good :) I take that back, I don't have a problem with WSU taking the high road and playing KU.

I added my two cents, I'm going to add some more. In conjunction to what I posted earlier, if we want KU to play us, the onus is on us to start making ourselves worthy. What I mean by worthy is becoming a consistent 20 plus game winning program and regular NCAA tourney participant. If our program can elevate to that status once again, it would be very hard for KU to continue to ignore us and the pressure would mount. Sure, they could still give us the cold shoulder, but that would only make them look petty. But until we start making noise like Butler or Gonzaga, KU can and will continue to ignore us.

WSU needs to look in the mirror, make the positive changes and eliminate those reasons they use, rationalize and justify not playing us. But we're a good program now you say? You're right, but aren't Gonzaga/Butler good yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by BergundyJungle View Post
      Reading through the posts in this thread, it seems like WSU is only interested in playing KU when WSU is perceived to be good. There didn't seem to be much angst in Wichita when the series ended back in '93. There was no outrage in the years 2007-2011 when WSU never made the tournament.
      You're so full of ****. I've suffered through these posts as long as I've been a part of this community, and that's been at least 10 years.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/a...state-zengers/

I am not jealous of KU basketball's success any more than I would be of Duke, Kentucky, etc. I simply hate the program because of its multi-faceted predatory behavior against WSU since the 1980's. They have attacked our athletic programs through the NCAA, they have attacked our academic programs through the Board of Regents, they have attacked our budgets through the legislature, and they have attacked our reputation through the media. I hate every single aspect of Kansas University and would be quite pleased if the entire campus burnt to the ground.

I won't date a woman that is a KU fan.

I won't have a conversation about KU with a family member or friend without saying something nasty.

If I am in a store and notice that KU garments/items are positioned in such a way as to minimize WSU's, I have been known to do a light reorganization of the store's inventory.

I routinely flip-off the ChicKUn Hawk that is hanging on our medical facility as I drive by on 135.

If I walk into a sports memorabilia store and see a disproportionate amount of KU to WSU items I ask why this is in the most sarcastic, shocked way possible.

If I am at a sport's bar watching a Shocker game and notice a waitress wearing a KU or K-State shirt, I ask her why.

All of this hatred was fostered through the realization of what KU had been doing to Wichita State both publicly and private over the last 30 years. Prior to around 1995 I was actually a KU fan. Rael LaFrentz was the last KU player I ever cheered for.

I want the Shockers to take something back from KU. The only way that is going to happen is if they meet up on the hardwood. Nobody can save them on the hardwood, not the NCAA, the Board of Regents, ESPN, or Dick Vitale. They will be vulnerable. They know this as well which is why they won't play us.

If you say that I am obsessed you would probably be correct. All I ask for is one game.

T

...:cool:
        Went to that site you linked, and wow, just wow. My only response would be to paraphrase the immortal Homer Simpson and say, "Zenger can kiss my hairy black and gold butt!" Screw 'em.

Comment

• I'm wondering if the reasons KU won't play us in MBB has more to do with non-basketball reasons than basketball reasons.

Comment

• DOFO ............. The Greatest Shocker Net Troll Ever.......
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Real conversation with a KU fan

Me: Why not play WSU?
              KU Fan: It's not a good win, and the loss would look bad on our non-con record.
              Me: You do realize that WSU has been a top 50 RPI team for most of the last decade. You play Temple home and home, and play DeVry, etc in one and dones.
              KU Fan: Well, the Big 12 is so good that we'll get a 1 or 2 seed every year, regardless of our non-con.
              Me: I think I just proved my point, why not play WSU?

I'm over the whole playing KU deal. I'd love to see it, but if it doesn't happen, so what. Let's schedule good non-con games against other teams that have the balls to play us. The continued talking about playing KU does nothing but serve their typical NE Kansas arrogance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
                How did they manage to let the Shockers do that on the sign. The wording is wrong . It should say "why won't" instead. This was probably superimposed over the image.
                P.S.- I used to live about 3 blocks from Disneyland and practically lived at Downtown Disney.
                Capture.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  Let's not schedule KU in baseball and call it good :) I take that back, I don't have a problem with WSU taking the high road and playing KU.

I added my two cents, I'm going to add some more. In conjunction to what I posted earlier, if we want KU to play us, the onus is on us to start making ourselves worthy. What I mean by worthy is becoming a consistent 20 plus game winning program and regular NCAA tourney participant. If our program can elevate to that status once again, it would be very hard for KU to continue to ignore us and the pressure would mount. Sure, they could still give us the cold shoulder, but that would only make them look petty. But until we start making noise like Butler or Gonzaga, KU can and will continue to ignore us.

WSU needs to look in the mirror, make the positive changes and eliminate those reasons they use, rationalize and justify not playing us. But we're a good program now you say? You're right, but aren't Gonzaga/Butler good yet.
                  You're more stupid than ever. In the 50's and early 60's, the Shockers were a Top 15-20 program. KU was maybe below them (or even at best) and do you think that KU would play WSU then? It doesn't make a difference.

Comment

• Sheahon Zenger's comments are unfounded and grossly arrogant. Is he just trying to incite WSU fans?
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• for crying out loud...LET THIS THREAD DIE

Comment

• To the Shocker fans just now discovering the nifty quote/comment by KU AD Zenger:

Where have you been?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
                          To the Shocker fans just now discovering the nifty quote/comment by KU AD Zenger:

Where have you been?
                          I read it a while back and after the link was reposted; I read it again. It didn't make me any less angry the second time around.
                          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                          X