playing ku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud Light's Real Men of Genius playing through my head:

"Today we salute you, Mr. Fake Image Detector. You finally gave us the conclusive analysis we needed to know that a ridiculous message, in a horribly distorted font, overlaid over a famous sign, just might be fake. Is that a magnifying glass I see you using to examine the obviously distorted background around the letters? So crack open a Bud Light, Mr. Prince of the Pixels, you may not have an eye for the ladies, but no fake image will ever get by you."
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      What is the"OP"?
      original poster

Comment

When WSU has consistent success when perhaps 2 out of 4 or 5 years, we could even make the argument our team was better based on results in the NCAA tournament, then

1. We can revisit this.
        2. Folks outside KU and WSU will ask this question.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

No, you wouldn't rather see WSU play Kentucky or Duke. There isn't a true Shocker fan in the world that if given the opportunity to see WSU versus _ _ _ _ would choose any other school than KU. We haven't played the ChicKUns since 1993 - a time when Shocker basketball was at the low point of its 100 year existence. It's been 20 years now, it's time we meet again.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
            Hit the 25 meter target...
            In the black.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I really don't give a crap if we play KU or not. Would it be a fun game? Hell yeah it would be. But they're not worth caring that much about. I'm concerned with us and don't really pay attention to them in the least.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I really don't give a crap if we play KU or not. Would it be a fun game? Hell yeah it would be. But they're not worth caring that much about. I'm concerned with us and don't really pay attention to them in the least.
                You're not being honest with yourself. It's a self-defense mechanism that you have installed to stop getting frustrated about the whole issue. If WSU announced a matchup with the ChicKUns next year at IBA you would have that date circled on your calendar in blood. No other opponent in the country could invoke that kind of emotional response. If we went ahead and beat them, there would be rioting in the streets... not because KWho is so superior, but because they dodged us for so long, finally caved, and we canned their arrogant asses. It would be akin to taking a bite out of the sweetest fruit. All would be well and we wouldn't have to play them for another 20 years.

T

Comment

Speaking to Lawrence Rotarians on Monday, Sheahon Zenger, Kansas University athletics director, didn’t hold back when asked whether he would consider playing Wichita State University in basketball. He said that any scheduling decisions would be done in consultation with Coach Bill Self and his staff. But Zenger said an email that someone had sent him […]

I am not jealous of KU basketball's success any more than I would be of Duke, Kentucky, etc. I simply hate the program because of its multi-faceted predatory behavior against WSU since the 1980's. They have attacked our athletic programs through the NCAA, they have attacked our academic programs through the Board of Regents, they have attacked our budgets through the legislature, and they have attacked our reputation through the media. I hate every single aspect of Kansas University and would be quite pleased if the entire campus burnt to the ground.

I won't date a woman that is a KU fan.

I won't have a conversation about KU with a family member or friend without saying something nasty.

If I am in a store and notice that KU garments/items are positioned in such a way as to minimize WSU's, I have been known to do a light reorganization of the store's inventory.

I routinely flip-off the ChicKUn Hawk that is hanging on our medical facility as I drive by on 135.

If I walk into a sports memorabilia store and see a disproportionate amount of KU to WSU items I ask why this is in the most sarcastic, shocked way possible.

If I am at a sport's bar watching a Shocker game and notice a waitress wearing a KU or K-State shirt, I ask her why.

All of this hatred was fostered through the realization of what KU had been doing to Wichita State both publicly and private over the last 30 years. Prior to around 1995 I was actually a KU fan. Rael LaFrentz was the last KU player I ever cheered for.

I want the Shockers to take something back from KU. The only way that is going to happen is if they meet up on the hardwood. Nobody can save them on the hardwood, not the NCAA, the Board of Regents, ESPN, or Dick Vitale. They will be vulnerable. They know this as well which is why they won't play us.

If you say that I am obsessed you would probably be correct. All I ask for is one game.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/a...state-zengers/

I am not jealous of KU basketball's success any more than I would be of Duke, Kentucky, etc. I simply hate the program because of its multi-faceted predatory behavior against WSU since the 1980's. They have attacked our athletic programs through the NCAA, they have attacked our academic programs through the Board of Regents, they have attacked our budgets through the legislature, and they have attacked our reputation through the media. I hate every single aspect of Kansas University and would be quite pleased if the entire campus burnt to the ground.

I won't date a woman that is a KU fan.

I won't have a conversation about KU with a family member or friend without saying something nasty.

If I am in a store and notice that KU garments/items are positioned in such a way as to minimize WSU's, I have been known to do a light reorganization of the store's inventory.

I routinely flip-off the ChicKUn Hawk that is hanging on our medical facility as I drive by on 135.

If I walk into a sports memorabilia store and see a disproportionate amount of KU to WSU items I ask why this is in the most sarcastic, shocked way possible.

If I am at a sport's bar watching a Shocker game and notice a waitress wearing a KU or K-State shirt, I ask her why.

All of this hatred was fostered through the realization of what KU had been doing to Wichita State both publicly and private over the last 30 years. Prior to around 1995 I was actually a KU fan. Rael LaFrentz was the last KU player I ever cheered for.

I want the Shockers to take something back from KU. The only way that is going to happen is if they meet up on the hardwood. Nobody can save them on the hardwood, not the NCAA, the Board of Regents, ESPN, or Dick Vitale. They will be vulnerable. They know this as well which is why they won't play us.

If you say that I am obsessed you would probably be correct. All I ask for is one game.

T

I have to give you every bit of this, particularly the Board of Regents issue. They have attacked the academics of every public institution in Kansas by insisting that they have higher admissions standards for no apparent reason other than snobbery. But that is a different discussion.

No one hates KU more than I do, but the objective analysis is that they REFUSE to play the game, and the game cannot be forced. Therefore, it's best to leave the horse dead and unbeaten.

Comment

No, you wouldn't rather see WSU play Kentucky or Duke. There isn't a true Shocker fan in the world that if given the opportunity to see WSU versus _ _ _ _ would choose any other school than KU. We haven't played the ChicKUns since 1993 - a time when Shocker basketball was at the low point of its 100 year existence. It's been 20 years now, it's time we meet again.

T

Yes, I would. Let me put it this way. Let's say WSU was going to close down and we had only one game left to play on the face of this Earth. We could choose any opponent we want and even the venue. The venue is easy: Roundhouse. Duh.

But now opponent. Would you choose KU? I can think of three reasons I would want Duke over KU:

1) Because $(%* KU.

2) I would want to play the strongest program possible in the country. Not just now but year after year after year, Duke sits on or near the top. Kentucky too.

3) I have that much respect for Coach K. I want to see him coach against Coach Marshall ... just one game. Very badly. I want Coach Marshall to have a chance at the very best. I want our players to have a chance at the very best.

My dream scenario for the Shockers this year is WSU vs Duke in the final. I hope KU loses in the first round for not having the guts to play us.
                      Last edited by Kung Wu; January 22, 2013, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Yes, I would. Let me put it this way. Let's say WSU was going to close down and we had only one game left to play on the face of this Earth. We could choose any opponent we want and even the venue. The venue is easy: Roundhouse. Duh.

But now opponent. Would you choose KU? I can think of three reasons I would want Duke over KU:

1) Because $(%* KU.

2) I would want to play the strongest program possible in the country. Not just now but year after year after year, Duke sits on or near the top. Kentucky too.

3) I have that much respect for Coach K. I want to see him coach against Coach Marshall ... just one game. Very badly. I want Coach Marshall have to have a chance at the very best. I want our players to have a chance at the very best.

My dream scenario for the Shockers this year is WSU vs Duke in the final. I hope KU loses in the first round for not having the guts to play us.
                        I don't believe you Kung.

A win over Duke would age in my memory about the same as our win over Syracuse - I never even think about it anymore. However, a win over KU would roll off my tongue the second I heard one damn thing uttered from a Wal-Mart born, Birdbrain fan.

T

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by tw805 View Post
                            the objective analysis is that they REFUSE to play the game, and the game cannot be forced. Therefore, it's best to leave the horse dead and unbeaten.
                            Agreed. We would be much better off trying to develop other relationships and series. Gonzaga, Butler, Xavier, New Mexico, Utah State, Wyoming, to name of few, would be good targets. Not sure why it is so difficult to schedule home and home series with schools like this. Yeah, Koch Arena is a tough environment but it is also one of the favorites places to play according to many players from other Valley schools because of the environment.

Comment

I don't believe you Kung.

A win over Duke would age in my memory about the same as our win over Syracuse - I never even think about it anymore. However, a win over KU would roll off my tongue the second I heard one damn thing uttered from a Wal-Mart born, Birdbrain fan.

T

Not me. I'd be using that Duke win as ammo against KU fans for all of eternity. And I'd be telling my grandson about the time the Shox beat the legendary Coach K. Coach K will be legendary one day -- in fact he's a living legend.

Comment

IIRC didn't Turgeon say KU turned down an offer from ESPN to televise a one-game deal in Lawrence? And that is how we ended up playing the one road game at Michigan State?

Comment

Working...
                                X