No announcement yet.

Glue Guy of the Week: Tekele Cotton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would love to see T Cotton use the glass more on some of his 10-12 ft. jumpers when he has a good angle.
    One of my favorite players Bobby Jones who played for the 76ers was a master at using the glass.
    Seems to be a lost art.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
    which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I'm fine with that. But that doesn't mean you have to jack up 10 shots, if you're not feeling it. And it certainly doesn't mean you should be jacking up perimeter shots when you can't shoot it - for whatever the reason is.
      I wish he would shoot more of the in rythym threes. If he makes it there is a nice reward, if he misses we have a great chance at the rebound. I am not a fan of any players passing up great inside out shots.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
        I wish he would shoot more of the in rythym threes. If he makes it there is a nice reward, if he misses we have a great chance at the rebound. I am not a fan of any players passing up great inside out shots.
        Either that or learn from Ellis, catch the ball and quickly take a step (or two) inside the line and drill the 2-pt jumper. Ellis did that very well as a senior. We all know that TC is going to h=be a three-year senior for us.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          Either that or learn from Ellis, catch the ball and quickly take a step (or two) inside the line and drill the 2-pt jumper. Ellis did that very well as a senior. We all know that TC is going to h=be a three-year senior for us.
          I thought about that also. Become a mid-range sniper.

Aaron's shooting stats during his 4 years were as follows:

Freshman: 37.0% overall (30-81); 22.0% on treys (4-18)
          Sophomore: 38.0% overall (38-100); 26.7% on treys (4-15)
          Junior: 44.3% overall (54-122); 0-1 on treys
          Senior: 50.3% overall (75-149); did not attempt any treys

So far Tekele's numbers are:

Freshman: 50.8% overall (33-65); 34.8% on treys (8-23)
          Sophomore-to-date: 39.6% overall (40-101); 13.0% on treys (3-23)

The injuries to Evan and Ron removed two of our biggest perimeter threats from the lineup and perhaps Tekele has been somewhat forced into a position of having to try to fill avoid he is really not equipped for at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X