No announcement yet.

Mid Major top 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If people (not necessarily you) have enough issues with it that they don't want anything posted about it, then yes, I would say so. If you or I don't like a particular topic, we can always ignore the thread. Certainly everyone is entitled to express their opinion. But for others to tell people to stop posting information about it in a way that pressures or otherwise bans the topic from discussion, it seems quite logical that some insecurity is possibly involved. What else would it be?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I happen to agree with most everyone that the term should not be used, but it is used, but I don't see any point in banishing it.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

If someone calls me a moron (play along with me and assume that they're wrong), I have two options. I can laugh it off and not let it get to me, or I can be offended and get upset about it. Which ever one of those options I pick, doesn't mean I should embrace the fact someone called me a moron and start using the word to describe myself. As fans, I am concerned that if we embrace the word "mid-major" we just legitimize those who are uninformed enough to label us that way.

I wasn't getting on your case, @jocoshock:, or intending to single you out or attack you. My apologies if it came across that way.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        If people (not necessarily you) have enough issues with it that they don't want anything posted about it, then yes, I would say so. If you or I don't like a particular topic, we can always ignore the thread. Certainly everyone is entitled to express their opinion. But for others to tell people to stop posting information about it in a way that pressures or otherwise bans the topic from discussion, it seems quite logical that some insecurity is possibly involved. What else would it be?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I happen to agree with most everyone that the term should not be used, but it is used, but I don't see any point in banishing it.
        You may be right that some are too sensitive about this subject but it is just as valid for them to say that you (or others) are too accepting of the term. If my friends call the Shockers a mid, I don't go crazy about it but I do explain to why the term is inaccurate. It doesn't get under my skin and bother me.

Comment

I just hate seeing fans continue to post about this poll. To me, constantly posting the MM25 poll is accepting and embracing it. There's only one Top25 poll we should be concerned with and that's the AP. The Coaches to a lesser extent.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Winning tends to erase degrading labels.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
            X