X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Mid-Major Teams In College Basketball

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8866717

Bilas pimping Cle, Carl and Mal.
    Last edited by HarpBros; January 21, 2013, 09:04 PM.
    "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Didn't I already warn you about posting links such as these? Did your momma drop you on your head when you were a child?

T

...:cool:

Comment

We're #1 (non-BCS)
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

When we're #14 and #15 in the major polls, I don't care where we are on "that" poll. Actually, since we're not one of "those," I'm not sure I ever care where we are in "that" poll.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            When we're #14 and #15 in the major polls, I don't care where we are on "that" poll. Actually, since we're not one of "those," I'm not sure I ever care where we are in "that" poll.
            Well, if you are number 1 in "that poll" ahead of teams like Gonzaga it is a pretty good indicator of your chances of getting one of the 6 or 8 spots in the big dance allotted to at large teams that are included in "that poll".

Comment

wow shockerfan95 just wanted to share something he liked and everyone was super rude to him. He was just trying to share an article he found.
              "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
              CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox View Post
                wow shockerfan95 just wanted to share something he liked and everyone was super rude to him. He was just trying to share an article he found.
                What was the article about?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Something about us being a mmmm...a mmmi...mmmmid...mmmm--I just can't say it.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    If I remember correctly, it was a BleacherReport article on the "Mid-Major Top 25." Some members oppose the mid-major label enough to attack posters that post articles using it. I wouldn't go that far, though I hope we eventually become one of the teams excluded from such a list.

Comment

I'd attack someone just for linking something from Bleacher Report. The other part of it just makes it worse.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

As long as we're listed in this poll, if we lose a single game, we can drop from top 15 to "Other Receiving Votes" with a single loss.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFan87 View Post
                          Stop. Please. I don't care how many times it mentions us, posting articles perpetuating the lie that we're mid-major should not be posted on here. We are NOT mid-major. We go through this every week.
                          Are we really that insecure? Guess so....

As long as we are in a so-called mid-major conference, this is a cross that we will bear. We can wear it standing straight up and looking people in the eye, or we can be defensive about it...

When I CHOSE to attend WSU way back when, I didn't worry about what others thought about it. I attended with PRIDE. I don't care what other think or others call us. You shouldn't either. You should only care that we WIN. That is the only thing that will change perception over the long run...

Unless of course you seek legislative or politically correct solution...

Comment

Just because someone improperly lables you as something doesn't mean you have to embrace it and repeat it everywhere you go.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Just because someone improperly lables you as something doesn't mean you have to embrace it and repeat it everywhere you go.
                              No you don't have to embrace it and you don't have to repeat it, but you don't have to shy away from it or apologize for it or be thin skinned about it either. There is some pretty good company in that list: Gonzaga, Butler, Creighton, Memphis... Nothing to be ashamed of. To be called the best of that group is something to be proud of and something for the so-called majors to fear.

On those RARE occasions when anyone from a major school (especially KU/KSU) attempts to trash-talk about our respective teams, the conversation is short. "Until your team is willing to play my team home and home, you have nothing to brag about." And I ask them the same question I just asked folks on this board...

Are you really that insecure?

Comment

Wow. So if you have issues with it, that means you're insecure? That logic just isn't logical.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X