Missouri Valley Opponent Venues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    After or before you watch the Braves in Peoria, you can boat down the river and have carp jump in your boat. Can't find that type of entertainment just anywhere.
    Lawrence on the Kansas River below the damn. Damn Asian carp! Trying to take over the world! :)

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
      Lawrence on the Kansas River below the damn. Damn Asian carp! Trying to take over the world! :)
      I wouldn't feed anything caught in that river to my worst enemy. I have gone canoeing down the "Kaw" a few times, and it's always a precarious experience. I believe that if the boat was to turn over and I fell in the river, I would immediately become the property of Monsanto.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

There are supposed to be some specific requirements regarding residents commuting to the primary city in order for a county to be added to a Metro area.

Sen. Dole actually got Harvey added to the Wichita MSA in the 1980s even though it didn't technically qualify at the time.

I wonder how close Cowley, Kingman and Reno are to being added to the MSA.

Comment

I remember reading something about how the Census Bureau had considered adding Reno as far back as the late 1990s. Input was actually sought from Reno, and they declined and wanted to look into the opportunity to become their own micropolitan statistical area. I have no idea what became of this, other than obviously they have not yet been included in Wichita's MSA.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I'm surprised Kingman, Cowley and Reno aren't. They can't be that far from whatever the requirements are.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
            X