Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Quick:

Who leads the team in defensive rebounds, and which 2 players are tied for 4th, 4 behind the leader?

(Don't look it up, just guess).
    Editing - I think it is Cotton

Armstead gets a bunch. So does Jake White.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      The officiating was beyond horrid. Very poor. Those 3 don't deserve to ref at Pleasant Valley Middle School. Definitely would like a ShockRef analysis of that one.

What can Jake White to do get a whistle? Especially on the defensive end? When he got whistled in the 2nd half with hands STRAIGHT UP and in PERFECT legal guarding position, I about lost it. HOW THE HELL CAN YOU PLAY BETTER DEFENSE THAN THAT? I mean seriously. That was the worst call of the night IMO. Absolutely garbage. You CANNOT DEFEND any better than holding your arms at a 90 degree angle to the floor and not initiating contact. Absolutely mind-boggling.
      That one was terrible but not the worst. Worst call of the night goes to the play where ISU throws a lob to the basket on the fast break. Jake and Ekey both sky to the rim for the ball, Ekey goes over Jakes back and Jack gets called for the foul. I don't think Ekey even touched the ball on that play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post

Surprisingly Cotton is 6th but if you think about who he guards, he gets the shooters, not the rebounders. And I agree with your last 2 comments, but you're sorta just half right.

Comment

Looked it up ... Drat ... should have stayed with my first answer. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            That one was terrible but not the worst. Worst call of the night goes to the play where ISU throws a lob to the basket on the fast break. Jake and Ekey both sky to the rim for the ball, Ekey goes over Jakes back and Jack gets called for the foul. I don't think Ekey even touched the ball on that play.
            Late in the game Tekele was coming down the right side of the court when a Redbird (maybe Bryant?) reached out and grabbed him, nearly spinning him around with no call. He wasn't playing the ball, and it was damned near an intentional foul. Atrocious no call imho and I will defend the "advantage" no call, but this wasn't one of those times.

Comment

Looked it up ... Drat ... should have stayed with my first answer. :(
              Looks like Jake probably wins "per minute" category. ;)

Comment

• I can say that I didn't watch this game or listen to it on the radio. I will watch the ESPN3 replay later if I have time. From reading this thread it appears that the turnover problem came back in the second half? That is worrisome for Saturday. I hope the HCGM gets the ship righted in time. I hope that the team plays better knowing what is on the line. I would think they would do that every night, but we all know how a long basketball season really works with players and teams of all different types of talent.

Comment

• Those refs sucked.

Comment

• Hard game to watch. We shoulda recruited Jackie harder. We were not very good, and they were worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Hard game to watch. We shoulda recruited Jackie harder. We were not very good, and they were worse.
                      We just gave ISU their worst loss of the season, had them down 19 before chaos made it mildly interesting, and their coach was happy with the way his team competed.

Ho hum, just another double digit Valley win.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        We just gave ISU their worst loss of the season, had them down 19 before chaos made it mildly interesting, and their coach was happy with the way his team competed.

Ho hum, just another double digit Valley win.
                        That was their worst loss? With the way they have been losing, I figured that they have had a couple ugly ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                          That was their worst loss? With the way they have been losing, I figured that they have had a couple ugly ones.
                          actually most of their games have been very close down to wire type games, even when they played Creighton
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• I actually we kept the turnovers in wraps for the most part for 35 or so minutes. We just had a span in the 2nd half where we turned it over 5 straight possessions. That cant happen against Creighton.
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                              The game management in the last four minutes was just plain awful. I have no idea what the players were thinking. Well, maybe it is because they were not thinking.
                              3G said in his postgame remarks that was an area he needs to give some attention to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                                Man, I was hoping they would pull a monkey out at some point . . .
                                A belated ‘Merry Monkey’ Christmas!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X