No announcement yet.

Redbirds @ Shockers game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redbirds got way too many shots close to the basket, and way too many second chances.

I don't remember us giving up that many offensive rebounds in a long time.

Obviously we're going to need a better game against the BJs.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• Nice win Shocks
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        Thank you that was the magic pill!
        I figured that's why you were MIA during the game

Comment

• Carl Hall with 10 rebounds.

Comment

• Good game by the Shox.

Every player had good moments and bad moments.

Win is a win.

On to CU.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I had typed a very curt and derogatory post on my observations of this game. I will always take a win. That said, the Shocks have some major deficiencies. They are clearly tough, athletic, hard nosed basketball players. Quick shots, turnovers, lobs to row 31, everyone taking a "heat check", have made me come to the realization that I have been overly optimistic about this team. I still love them, will wear my gear with pride, but realize now they are very doable, but not the hottest chick in the bar. Good Luck Saturday men, you need to grasp the value of each possession to pull the upset. I do not doubt your desire, but you cannot be your own worst enemy.
              Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• After that game I'm just thankful we didn't have a letdown and come out with a loss because Saturday may get UGLY

Comment

• Anybody remember when we played a very ugly game against NC Central, the game before VCU, and everyone said we would get humiliated by VCU? How did that VCU game go again? Have a little faith in this team and coach.

Comment

• Offense was bound to be ugly tonight as we figure out how to work Hall back into the system. I thought things looked much smoother in the second half, minus that awful three minute turnoverfest.

Carl's conditioning was fine and his hand looked serviceable. I feel much better about our chances on Saturday after seeing how he performed tonight. On to the Blackout Blowout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                      Anybody remember when we played a very ugly game against NC Central, the game before VCU, and everyone said we would get humiliated by VCU? How did that VCU game go again? Have a little faith in this team and coach.
                      It's been more than just one bad game. The turnovers the past 2 games have been ridiculous. Not to mention not being able to defend without fouling.

Comment

• Remember that CU doesn't play defense, right?
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• We hit shots, we rebounded, 5 players in double figures, Hall with 10 rebounds, White gave us a boost in the 2nd half and Wiggins did the same the 1st half and nice passing by FVV, Early is never late and had 16. D-Will did some nice things on both sides of the hardwood.

Sure want us to find that killer instinct. Tonight in the 2nd half, we had a chance to put the game away and fumbled farted up to 4-5 times in a row. However, welcome back Carl Hall. What a player to bring off the bench!!! It felt great that the crowd gave him the warm welcome back reception. We missed you Carl!!!

In conclusion, 16 turnovers is too many and we did not use the clock in prudent fashion towards the end. We have to play a solid game to beat Creighton. We don't lose many at home sweet home and we are fully capable of beating the blue-birds but it will take our A game.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• they will settle down for sCUm and take care of ball better, big game and we have big game guys!
                            I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              Remember that CU doesn't play defense, right?
                              You're thinking of last year, unfortunately. Not world beaters on defense but not bad either.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• I want to see SoW vs Early and /or "The Beast" come Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X