The comment about the kids that got Porter Moser fired
    I must have missed that part.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      Originally posted by Hotel Paper
      jeez, so many recruiting related questions

Yeah, but I did like hearing about Garrett's triple double in his last game.

34 points, 17 rebounds and 11 blocks. Check the Shocker records book to see how rare triple-doubles are (I think we have 8 in our history).

I think Coach said he made 6 baskets left-handed.

:yahoo:
      Minor correction to the coach's comments: it was actually 32/17/11. But Garret was very effective with both hands, and made some great tip ins, including one while he was under and practically behind the backboard and just reached out and lifted the ball into the hoop.

Also hit one sitting on his butt on the floor. Nice bank shot that had the announcers dumbfounded...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Even our coaches are into practicing with the guys

Comment

Even our coaches are into practicing with the guys

Only because we have 7 guys that can practice. They wouldn't do it if they didn't have to.
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
            Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            jeez, so many recruiting related questions

Yeah, but I did like hearing about Garrett's triple double in his last game.

34 points, 17 rebounds and 11 blocks. Check the Shocker records book to see how rare triple-doubles are (I think we have 8 in our history).

I think Coach said he made 6 baskets left-handed.

:yahoo:
            Minor correction to the coach's comments: it was actually 32/17/11. But Garret was very effective with both hands, and made some great tip ins, including one while he was under and practically behind the backboard and just reached out and lifted the ball into the hoop.

Also hit one sitting on his butt on the floor. Nice bank shot that had the announcers dumbfounded...
            He must have been credited with 4 points for the sitting shot. :D

joco, were you at the game? If yes, what do you think about Garrett.

Comment

By the way, interestingly I believe 4 of our 8 triple-doubles were the same points-rebounds-blocks doubles by Gene Wiley.

Comment

BCS team Home and Home next 2 seasons!
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Question on what the coaches philosophy of recruiting players from say his old school - Marshall's reply was he's not did it in the past because he doesn't think it's right. He said kids should choose schools not coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                    BCS team Home and Home next 2 seasons!
                    Wonder if its Nebraska... there was alot of talk about them looking for games with teams in region....
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Cheddar!
                      What'd he say about Cheddar, not that he can mention his name? Would it be okay for him to say Cheddar without saying Noel Johnson's name? He could say he was talking about a type of cheese. :lol:

Comment

Scheduling: We have a BCS school on a one and one the next two years. The LSU game on a "neutral" court has been pushed back one year at the request of LSU.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                          Cheddar!
                          What'd he say about Cheddar, not that he can mention his name? Would it be okay for him to say Cheddar without saying Noel Johnson's name? He could say he was talking about a type of cheese. :lol:
                          Kennedy said they cannot talk about him.

Comment

HCGM thanks all the callers for softball questions and is glad that "Dennis" was blocked tonight.

Comment

The comment about the kids that got Porter Moser fired
                              HAHHAHAHAH First thing I thought of when he said that was

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                                Cheddar!

He could have said "I really like Cheddar. It's good. We really like it at Wichita State."
                                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                                X