X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
    Originally posted by Maggie
    Originally posted by Snapshot9
    As ironic as it might be, have you considered that this year's coaching records might be a final determining factor between candidates on the short list at USC???
    Actually, with regard to Marshall, I do not think WSU's record will have any bearing on whether or not USC wants to offer him the coaching job.
    If Coach Marshall ends up with a losing record, it will be a tough sell to the SC boosters. It is possible, but tough.
    Maybe but I do not think it would be as hard as you might think. I believe we can all agree, at least to date, that WSU's record has nothing to do with Marshall's coaching abilities. If USC wants to hire Marshall, it will be based on what he did at Winthrop.

Comment

Marshall leaving? Stutz 40-60 to come here anyway. Hannah 85-15 to come here anyway. Kyles, Murry, and Orupke 05-95 to come here.

Comment

I feel a bit safer about coach staying

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
          Listening on the podcast over my lunch hour, I love the "long, lean, athletic" and "time to adjust to WWE, I mean, Missouri Valley Basketball"

Go Shocks!!!!
          It wasn't too long ago that many on here and the old valleytalk spent a lot of time complaining about how Valley refs never let the teams play. Much was made about the disadvantage that it put our teams in once they got to the post season. I think it is safe to say that the teams are now allowed to play.

Comment

I agree completely. "Where you stand depends upon where you sit" and this is certainly the case. I remember under Coach R. Smithson's tenure thinking "if they'd only let them play" and now I'm "Whoa! What the heck's going on in that scrum?" I truly believe with the current standard of officiating Coach Smithson's teams would have fared much better than they did.

Go Shocks!!!!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
              Marshall leaving? Stutz 40-60 to come here anyway. Hannah 85-15 to come here anyway. Kyles, Murry, and Orupke 05-95 to come here.
              Perhaps You would care to rewrite this in english. I'm not sure if 40-60 means 40 percent he comes here or 60 percent he comes here. I hope I'm not asking to much by asking for complete sentences. This is just a bit hard to make sense of. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                But keep in mind, sf, that should anything happen, it will be at a time when most schools have already filled their schollies with fall signings or verbal commitments. The options for our recruits would be much more limited. See Evann Baker going to Qunnipiac (though I understand his brother was there, too). They might have to completely re-open their recruitment, effectively starting from scratch.
                True, they may not have any better options. Of course I KNOW there are no better options. :D
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                X