Clear All

• Projections

Ken Pomeroy: 24-6 overall, 13-5 MVC
    TeamRankings: 25.2-4.8 overall, 14.2-3.8 MVC
    RPIForecast: 25-5, expected RPI of 23.6, SOS 98

Any others?

Im about to project a duece here in about 5 minute

Comment

The good news is I think either of those totals projects to an at-large bid. That is unless we drop a couple of those to the bottom half. I think 13-5 would take the 2 seed into St Louis. I would be happy with that.
      -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

And keep in mind the article the other day that the selection committee does pay attention to the missing starters.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
          And keep in mind the article the other day that the selection committee does pay attention to the missing starters.
          But only for seeding purposes, not selection into the field.

Comment

We are gonna take at least 1 from CU. I dont see us losing more than 1 other game. We go 15-3 in the Valley, IMO.

And we are winning the Lou this year, so it wont matter.

Optimistic enough?

K.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              But only for seeding purposes, not selection into the field.
              And isn't that for the last 10 games or something close? I don't believe they look at the beginning near as much as the end. This "whole body of work" crap that they spew near selection time is crap. If that was the case, the Big East wouldn't have gotten 9 teams in a couple of years ago. It is all a bunch of crap. WSU won without the starters. If they keep winning, it won't matter. One little hiccup to Evansville isn't the end of the world. It just shows the they brought their A game, just like SIU. Just like ILL St. will and so on and so on. WSU will get everyones best shot every night (except UNI), and they will be ready for the post season when it comes.

Comment

I think it was said last year or the year before that the last 10 games aren't given as much weight as they once were. At least, that's how I recall it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  I think it was said last year or the year before that the last 10 games aren't given as much weight as they once were. At least, that's how I recall it.
                  Probably just depends on what is going to get more from the Big 5 conferences in the tourney. This year it might help if there are alot of the non-bcs schools that should get in.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

Any others?
                    Warren Nolan: 26-4 overall, 15-3 MVC, RPI rank 18th (vs. 22nd at present). Last season, an 18th-ranked RPI gave the Shocks a 5th seed. Assuming the Shocks don't run out of gas before Hall becomes a factor again (obviously Nolan's expectation), the question isn't at-large or not; it's how high is the seed?

Comment

New projections after the Indiana State loss:

Ken Pomeroy: 25-5, 14-4 MVC
                      TeamRankings: 24.4-5.6, 13.4-4.6 MVC
                      RPIForecast: 24-6, expected RPI of 26.6, SOS 105
                      Warren Nolan: 26-4, 15-3 MVC, expected RPI of 22, SOS 79

Right now, we are probably looking at a low 5 seed, high 6 seed on the S-curve. Winning out would put us in the low 3 seed, high 4 seed range. Losing 3 to 4 more games would probably put us at an 8 or 9 seed (yeah, we have more to lose than to gain unless a lot of upsets happen at the top between now and the tournament).

Comment

Ken Pomeroy: 24-6, 13-5 MVC
                        TeamRankings: 23.9-6.1, 12.9-5.1 MVC (also dropped from a 98% chance to get to the tourney to 90% and most likely seed went from 5 to 7)
                        RPIForecast: 23-6, expected RPI of 30.4, SOS 107
                        Warren Nolan: 25-5, 14-4 MVC, expected RPI of 25, SOS 94

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

Any others?
                          KenPom now is 24-6 overall, 13-5 in MVC.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Kinda funny the projections of 2 weeks ago had us losing 6 times and nobody was panicking then. We're about on par with that and some people are jumping off the deep end now.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

They didn't believe.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X