Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Illinois State Predicitions and Pregame Discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs. Illinois State Predicitions and Pregame Discussions.

Here's the deal. Now what do we do? we move forward and we beat the Redbirds. Winning cures many woes and ailments. They have most everybody back from a tough team last Season. Even so, under the new Coach, they are underperforming as to what many expected of them thus-far. Both of us will really want and need this victory but we will clip their wings and win this one. However, expect still another 'nail-biter' 'grind it out' type game from start to finish. Will there be a Carl Hall sighting on the hardwood playing area? Hope so because a beast will indeed come in very handy in such a game.

Shox----------------73

Red-beatable-birds-- 68
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

I think we'll come out firing and ready to go. Illinois State will be desperate though. Very desperate.

Shox 72
    Birds of the red variety 60

Comment

You'll see two desperate teams in this game. Wichita State will be playing to avoid its first losing streak, and should be absolutely ready to play. Illinois State will be playing to get its first Valley win and start to salvage the season.

If I weren't confident in our team's desire to win this next game, I'd be worried. I think this will be a game where we are playing with a lot of focus, and I think we will play one of our better games of the year. We are certainly due a good game after the last three games.

Us - 78
      Them - 62

Comment

Isn't three wins/losses in a row when it becomes a streak?

WU by 18-22

Go Shocks!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I predict the crowd is good, the students are back, and that the halftime show is worlds better than the last one. Having said that, I also think ISU comes out on a tear and WSU takes care of them down the back stretch.

WSU- 76
          ISU - 70

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
            I predict the crowd is good, the students are back, and that the halftime show is worlds better than the last one. Having said that, I also think ISU comes out on a tear and WSU takes care of them down the back stretch.

WSU- 76
            ISU - 70
            I didn't think the students were back until next week.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Classes begin Jan 22; weekend classes begin Jan 26.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I believe we pummel the redbirds by double digits.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Wishful thinking I guess.

Comment

With Hall

Shox - 75

Birds - 61

W/O Hall

Shox - 63

Birds - 58
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think we beat the hell out of them.

Comment

I'm a little hesitant to expect too much out of Carl right out of the chute, but at a bare minimum his return should be good for a good psychological lift for the team that probably needs that right now. I think that might be especially helpful on the defensive side of the ball.

Just as important is how Malcolm and D-Will will repsond to their 5 x 2 = 10 turnover effort at Evansville and can Cleanthony stay on the floor for 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I'm a little hesitant to expect too much out of Carl right out of the chute, but at a bare minimum his return should be good for a good psychological lift for the team that probably needs that right now. I think that might be especially helpful on the defensive side of the ball.

Just as important is how Malcolm and D-Will will repsond to their 5 x 2 = 10 turnover effort at Evansville and can Cleanthony stay on the floor for 30 minutes.
                          That's my thinking in it. Hall gives this team a shot in the arm and also takes some focus away from others as if he's on the court, he has to be respected. This may help Cle and others a little going forward. Sounds like the odds are he'll play, but we should know more later today.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Anyone know if Brown will be reinstated for ISUr for this game?

I think the Shox defend Koch Arena this week.

WSU 64
                            ISU 59
                            -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

I think Brown being back will make a difference too. Hall adds a set of fresh legs. Something that EO of Cle could definitely use right now. Hall will provide a lift to the team, even if he plays 4 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X