Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Aces hope bench can make a difference in key game against WSU" - Evansville Courrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Aces hope bench can make a difference in key game against WSU" - Evansville Courrier

"Aces hope bench can make a difference in key game against Wichita State" = Evansville Courrier

Losses to date for UE: Notre Dame, Butler, Creighton, Colorado State, Murray State, and Buffalo.

Their bench is an edge, at least one of the edges.

Paging Mr. White, Mr. Wiggins, Mr. VanVleet & Mr. Lufile.....I believe your manhood has been challenged. What say you?

Comment

Ignorant sports writing at its finest.

Please let Marshall have seen that article. Pleeeease.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Bench please.. we are starting part of bench right now! We have proven our bench could have started at some MVC schools.... or am I crazy. To think their bench can outlast ours.
        Last edited by HarpBros; January 13, 2013, 10:57 AM.
        "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

yep, evansville is going to try and rough it up against those privileged, spoiled kids from wichita state. that would be their first mistake.

Comment

So, basically, the advantage UE has is that WSU has a lot of injuries. Otherwise, WSU's bench would be 3 people deeper, and I don't think there would be much of a comparison between the 2 benches.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

So lets just tear them a new one and put all future bench comments permanetly to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                So, basically, the advantage UE has is that WSU has a lot of injuries. Otherwise, WSU's bench would be 3 people deeper, and I don't think there would be much of a comparison between the 2 benches.
                I'll make no comment on how good their bench is or isn't, but they have gone 9 deep all season with the fewest minutes being 13.1 mpg. The player in the article is #10 and has 5 double digit minute games. #11 has played in 11 of 16 games at 8.5 mpg. So, they are very use to going deep into their bench.

Comment

And how many minutes is our #12 player averaging? We are going way deeper than they are. Lufile at # 12 is averaging 10.4 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                    And how many minutes is our #12 player averaging? We are going way deeper than they are. Lufile at # 12 is averaging 10.4 minutes.
                    Lufile was only averaging about 7-8 minutes a game until our 3 starters went out. Now, being anywhere from the 6th to the 9th player off the bench, he's averaging around 14 minutes a game.

Comment

UE freshman Adam Wing adds to that: “I watched a little bit (Thursday) night of Wichita against Bradley. They’re super long, athletic, active with their hands. But our system’s set up to succeed against teams like that. We can sweep the ball to go around them and create separation with tight cuts – just little things like that

:pig:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Ignorant sports writing at its finest.

Please let Marshall have seen that article. Pleeeease.
                        Some programs (and beat writers) cannot comprehend having a bench that goes 7-deep, so when they read that their opponent is missing three starters, the only understandable math means they must only have one or two players left on the bench who can contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          :pig:
                          AFA was pretty successful at that.

We've been burned on back cuts, and slipped screens a lot this year.

EO can erase some of that.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                            Just where did I make any comparison to WSU? Just stating a fact: They go deep into their bench and that bench has seen a lot of playing time.

By the way. Lufile is not our #12 player. We only have 9 active players on the roster, so he's #9. Evansville will probably not be a team we are going to wear down as they are not hesitant to play 12 players regularly. We get into any foul trouble, especially early on, and we may be a team who's wearing down late.

Comment

Evansville bench better LOL.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...sketball-herp/

Their bench is an edge, at least one of the edges.

Paging Mr. White, Mr. Wiggins, Mr. VanVleet & Mr. Lufile.....I believe your manhood has been challenged. What say you?
                              Evansville bench better ? Give me a break. Either the writer has never seen a Shocker game, is blinder than Mr. Magoo, or is Dumb and Dumerererer LOL.:highly_amused:

Comment

Working...
                              X