Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Aces hope bench can make a difference in key game against WSU" - Evansville Courrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw that comment too. It was a sorry attempt at swagger .

Comment

When has the Shockers ever been hesitant to play 12 players as well. If need be,Marshall will and has done it.

Comment

he won't do it today

Comment

Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
          When has the Shockers ever been hesitant to play 12 players as well. If need be,Marshall will and has done it.
          ?????????????? We have only 9 active players on the bench, period. WSU does not want to get into a game of attrition with Evansville.

Comment

Let's put it this way. I would not trade today, our bench for any other Valley teams' bench. That is even before we get Hall and Baker back which will only add more strength to our rotation. Not saying other teams don't have solid reserves. Also, the sooner we get Hall and Baker back healthy, the better. We have been awesome at finding ways to win with 9 but I want 11 players active sooner than later.Case closed.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              So, basically, the advantage UE has is that WSU has a lot of injuries. Otherwise, WSU's bench would be 3 people deeper, and I don't think there would be much of a comparison between the 2 benches.
              Well, yes -- but unfortunately, the Shocks' bench is NOT three people deeper right now, so of course they'll hope to capitalize. As will everyone else WSU plays until Hall returns, and then Baker.

As it turned out, though, it wasn't so much the bench as it was that WSU had more turnovers from two guards who would be starters in any event than UE did from their whole team, which isn't something the return of Hall would fix.
              Last edited by WSUwatcher; January 13, 2013, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X