AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD

Did anyone see the halftime interview with our AD? I struggle to find words to express how bad he represents WSU. Last time I cringed watching something like that was Carl Lewis or Roseanne singing our national anthem. Anyone have insight as to where our athletic department is headed? My guess is that he will need to make some keys hires someday. I never hear him in public so hard to know if we are adrift or have a plan for improving athletics.

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    Did anybody watch the half-time interview last night with ADES? Is it just me or is that guy ***** totally helter skelter? He looked like a crazy man to me. I am praying the ADD afflicted eccentric vibe he gives off is only on the surface, and behind closed doors he is really an evil mastermind with plans for the Shockers to rule the world. But I'm not holding my breath.

T

...:cool:
    I already brought it up in the WSU/Drake thread.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Some years ago I encountered Eric Sexton at a 20 degree WSU baseball game in Lawrence. He was being as supportive as he could, pacing the stands cheering on the baseball team. Then a drunk fan sitting next to me asked him why we don't play KU in basketball.. Sexton's response was unexpected.. "It's not my problem!" he shouted at the curious WSU fan.. Then he walked off. We sat there stunned for a bit, then Sexton came marching back unexpectedly and stated "HE has the problem!!" and he shook his fist at Allen Field House, which looms behind the KU baseball field. I just so happened to be sitting next to this curious WSU fan who dare went there with Sexton. It was interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundevil Shox View Post
        Did anyone see the halftime interview with our AD? I struggle to find words to express how bad he represents WSU. Last time I cringed watching something like that was Carl Lewis or Roseanne singing our national anthem. Anyone have insight as to where our athletic department is headed? My guess is that he will need to make some keys hires someday. I never hear him in public so hard to know if we are adrift or have a plan for improving athletics.
        Your points are all valid. And they scare the living **** out of me too. He should NOT have keys to the kingdom.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

@bleed yellow: Sounds familiar. Have you posted this before?
          In the fast lane

Comment

I had a chance to meet him at the USM game as I arrived really early and had second row seats. He seemed like a guy who was involved in every aspect of the athletic department, which - at a school like WSU- I don't mind. He was constantly talking to team managers, media people, SID people and what not. He seemed like he's a good guy. I have full faith in ES.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

ES's response to the drunk WSU fan appears lacking in detail but I do not blame ES for not engaging a drunk fan cheering for any program.

Go Shocks!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I get the feeling that ES is much better behind the scenes making connections and raising money and what have you. But as soon as he gets in front of a crowd, or on TV, it's....uncomfortable.

At least I hope that's the case. If he's like that in private as well......
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Public speaking is not Sexton's strong suit. It does reflect on the AD, and it is something he should work on.

Comment

Maybe it was the camera but didn't he look like Gollum?

Comment

I didn't see the interview, but I'm enjoying where the entire AD is at right now. When I've spoken to Eric he's always friendly, knowledgeable, and knows who I am. So I never understand the ES hate.

A lot of the issues that people have had problems with in the past have been handled by the AD. They listen. People complained about the entertainment at breaks, and how horrible the band was last year. This year, it's 180 degrees imo. The marketing department is on point with a lot of what they're putting out. I think they're over doing the #WatchUS hashtag, but that's just my opinion. The Shocker Locker is a great thing for the AD as a revenue earner and they have solid merchandise.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

You guys are weird.
                        There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          I didn't see the interview, but I'm enjoying where the entire AD is at right now. When I've spoken to Eric he's always friendly, knowledgeable, and knows who I am. So I never understand the ES hate.

A lot of the issues that people have had problems with in the past have been handled by the AD. They listen. People complained about the entertainment at breaks, and how horrible the band was last year. This year, it's 180 degrees imo. The marketing department is on point with a lot of what they're putting out. I think they're over doing the #WatchUS hashtag, but that's just my opinion. The Shocker Locker is a great thing for the AD as a revenue earner and they have solid merchandise.
                          Excellent points, the only thing I would marginally take issue with is that I like the #WatchUs and I believe they are pounding us with it for a reason. I know it's out there a lot, but I for one like it and I hope that it builds into it's own animal of sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Excellent points, the only thing I would marginally take issue with is that I like the #WatchUs and I believe they are pounding us with it for a reason. I know it's out there a lot, but I for one like it and I hope that it builds into it's own animal of sorts.
                            My only issue with #WatchUs is that they use it in 99.99% of their tweets. Sometimes the tweet doesn't need to have it, it doesn't make sense in some of them.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

We must be 13-1. Not much around here to complain about. Though the maintaining of a clean and successful program we are all proud of and the retention of one of the best and most sought-after coaches in the country seems to fly in the face of many of these complaints.

Don't get me wrong. I believe Schaus was(is) a one-of-a-kind guy. If I was in charge of hiring an AD, I'd make an offer to him and skip the interview. But I think the current leadership is doing an admirable and ever-improving job.

Comment

Working...
                              X