WSU vs. Drake game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
    He needs to think about passing up some of those threes.
    He needs to make some of those open threes.
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
      Great to see Wiggins smile after he hit the three pointer in the first half. He seems to be getting it and that is great to see.
      Let's get his brother here.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
        Even better! As a team we were still 12-25 from behind the arc which is fantastic.
        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• zzzzzzzz

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
          The Knapp Center looks empty. Let's get the year started right! Go Shox!
          Maybe they took a NAP and were late getting to the Knapp Center :0)

Comment

• Tekele Cotton is filling in as the BEAST while Carl is out. 10 points-7 rebounds and 4 STEALS. That's a heck of a game.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• I'm hoping we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg with Wiggins. I have no doubt he is fully capable of leading this team in scoring and can be that 'go to' guy when it's pucker time. If, by the grace of God, we can make it into the NCAA's with a healthy CH and Baker and Wiggins continues to progress positively, this team will be a noise maker.

Comment

• damn.. wichita state is getting ready to do something very special, and they show up in des moines like it was a friends university game? there was three or four times that many people there last year?

wiggins needs to keep working, and the sky is the limit. fvv needs to check himself on the crosscourt passes.. leave that to armstead for now.. he can get away with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  Let's get his brother here.
                  They could have a very fun year.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• This team just finds a way to win. We have limited bodies to start with, couple players had bad games tonight, couple had bad games last Sunday and the rest pick up the slack. True team effort. Kudos to the team as well as the coaching staff. The MASH team is 4-0. Who'd athunk.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I think he will.

Comment

I know Coach says he makes them in practice, and he is open on many of those threes.

But if he's that open, he has time to set himself. He looks so anxious to get the shot up, you know when he's going to fire one up before he even catches the ball.

I love the kid's effort, but it's almost like his effort is turning into unneeded desperation on both sides of the floor.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                          I know Coach says he makes them in practice, and he is open on many of those threes.

But if he's that open, he has time to set himself. He looks so anxious to get the shot up, you know when he's going to fire one up before he even catches the ball.

I love the kid's effort, but it's almost like his effort is turning into unneeded desperation on both sides of the floor.
                          I don't know if he's rushing it or not. All his 3-pt attempts this year have looked that way to me. I think he's worked on getting a quick release. When he starts making those shots he'll put a few double-digit scoring efforts on the board.

Comment

• In addition to Cottons great game, he was selective with his perimeter shooting, i.e. no threes.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• 0-1

Comment

• And work on more than just his shot

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                                JW had as rough a game as I can remember.

If his shot being off wasn't enough, he got torched multiple times on defense.

When he was finally had a bunny in sight, he was challenged and missed it too.

Add in the injury and I'm sure he would rather forget he ever set foot in Des Moines tonight.
                                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X