WSU vs. Drake game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ehimen the star of the game.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I am really lookig forward to his first post game interview as player of the game

Comment

• EO was a stud. Think I'd pick him too. All around game was on.

Wiggins or Cotton close 2nd and or 3rd.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• JW didn't come up in the postgame show--maybe a good sign?
          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• So we go take on a pretty good Drake team on the road, Cleanthony only plays 13 minutes due to foul trouble, we don't finish the game particularly strong with a couple of ballhandling mistakes and defensive lapses and still win by 12. Oh my, that is impressive.

I never would have thought the Shocks would have won a 3-point shoot out with Drake but that is more or less what happened although the 29 points the Shocks scored off of 13 steals was big also.

Kudos to Nick for sticking the ball in the basket tonight. Very nice work overall by EO and Tekele as well. Cleanthony was very effective when he was on the floor. D-Will played OK, but I thought he forced his shot on a number of occasions tonight. Malcolm did a lot of good stuff but he had a few brain cramps himself. Need to work on the free throw shooting.

Saw some very good things tonight, but we also still do some pretty dumb stuff. Bottom line is we can still get better and you have to love that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              EO was a stud. Think I'd pick him too. All around game was on.

Wiggins or Cotton close 2nd and or 3rd.
              I was about to say the same thing. Wiggy went off and Tekele is just a man. MAN! But Ehimen had a hell of a game on both ends and was going to work. He gets my vote.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Tekele and Carl Hall both would've made nice D1 football players.
                Tekele has a boxer's physique if there ever was one. Running back too but that reach of his plus the mitts, shoulders and legs say, "Cotton's gonna knock you out. "
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Thing is ... DWill was freaking awesome too. So many studs to choose from.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• EOs ankle got better in the game tonight. He just bumped it up to 65% with Mike Kennedy.

Comment

• EO has been dominating in this league the first two games defensively playing on one leg.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        6'2" Cotton holds 6'8" Simons to 8 points.
                        On only 6 shots.

Comment

• The farther down the bench Jake goes, the more he over-thinks and screws up. Kid needs some confidence to play well, and needs to play well to get any confidence. It's a tough situation for him.

Comment

• Great to see Wiggins smile after he hit the three pointer in the first half. He seems to be getting it and that is great to see.
                            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• EO said he may have to play with pain the rest of the year.
                              "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                              which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                The farther down the bench Jake goes, the more he over-thinks and screws up. Kid needs some confidence to play well, and needs to play well to get any confidence. It's a tough situation for him.
                                He needs to think about passing up some of those threes.
                                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                                X