No announcement yet.

MVC conference games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half tme of both games. SIU over MSU 31-22. UNI 33 Drake 32.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Tenn - 88
      KY - 58

This helps our RPI, right?
      I know little about RPI calculations.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• UNI wins 71-64.
        In the fast lane

Comment

• SIU wins 62-54.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            Tenn - 88
            KY - 58

This helps our RPI, right?
            I know little about RPI calculations.
            Ever so slightly.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Our RPI dropped from 38 earlier today to 39.

Comment

• Warren Nolan currently shows WSU with a rpi of 37 (after being 38 and 39 earlier today on this site):

2012-2013 Men's College Basketball Wichita State Shockers Team Home Page: team information including RPI, strength of schedule, schedule and results, streaks and statistics.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  Our RPI dropped from 38 earlier today to 39.
                  Our actual RPI went from .5982 this morning to .5994 tonight. Our opponents gave us a little help.

Comment

• Where would UNI be without the foul on Odum ISU Blue with .3 left in a 1 point game? Where would WSU be without the goaltending call against SIU? What hurt who more?
                    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock10 View Post
                      Where would UNI be without the foul on Odum ISU Blue with .3 left in a 1 point game? Where would WSU be without the goaltending call against SIU? What hurt who more?
                      Where would the Shockers be without 22 turnovers and 24 personal fouls against Evansville?
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        Where would the Shockers be without 22 turnovers and 24 personal fouls against Evansville?
                        Where would the Shockers be without their 5 losses?

Comment

• This year, Number 1!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            Where would the Shockers be without their 5 losses?
                            Silly reply, IMHO. It is not having 5 losses at this point, it is how those losses came about and countered our great play against tougher teams.

A team's success can be related to their generally expected performance on the court. Pre-season, I think most here would have been happy with a 24-7/23-8 overall record and a 3rd place finish at 14-4/13-5. As we know, not all games turn out as expected. Some turn out better, others worse. Did you get beat by "the better team that night" vs how many times did you "lose by playing poorly". The goal is obviously to minimize the worse, reach for the better. More "pluses" than "minuses" if you will.

Let's look at WSU schedule. I see 6 games (VCU, @Ill St, @UNI, @ IN St, 2-CU) that are games that could easily be losses, but some are winnable. I add Southern Miss to this list due to 4 injuried players (Hall, Wessel, Baker, White). If we finish 2-5 against this group, that's pretty good and they would be the bulk of our losses. With 3 of those games to go, we are 3-1, our only loss to UNI was respectable and they played well. Even if we were to lose all 3, we finish a +1 and should end up at least a +2.

Toss-up, but winnable games. You can and should win most of these. I see 5 of these (home against Ill St, UNI, @UE, @ Air Force, @ TN). 3-2 here is not bad if you played well during your losses......we didn't, but your not always going to play well. I give us a -1 here as both losses were winnable with just average play.

All other games, 19. Your going to stub your toe at least once and/or lose to a team that was on fire that night. No more than 2 losses, hopefully only 1. With 2 of these games to go, we are 17-2, both toe stubbers, and we cannot afford another loss in this group. Give us a -1 here.

If you add up my expected wins/losses that's 24-7/23-8. We will end up there if we go 3-2/2-3 in the final 5 games. If we do no better than that, my problem is that, particularly in the second half of the season, we beat ourselves too often. We've taken care of the "big" games so far, but lost that better than expected season, so far, by giving those wins back through poor losses. Has it been a bad season? No Way!! You just hate to see 4 of your 5 losses due to poor play when we have done so well, exceedingly so, against tougher competition and/or tougher situations.

That special season is still attainable. We must win the 2 home games and win 2 of 3 tough games to exceed "expectations" for the regular season. If we don't, this is still a very good season and one to be proud of.

:poster_shocks::poster_wu:

Comment

• It would have been peaches and creme if Evansville could have beat Creighton there yesterday like they did us. However, the Colt was hot versus us and not hot yesterday. We made way too many turnovers in that game and they dictated the tempo as well in that loss. Thus, now we can't rely on help from others but rather find a way to win 4 of the last 5 games. We better at least get 3 of them for sure and to do so is possible, but we better keep that 22 turnovers to single digits, make high % shots, turn up the defensive heat without excess fouling, and play like it really matters because it does. There is not 1 solitary easy game left which is fine if we play the Shocker Basketball we are fully capable of. We have to seize the lemons that face us for 5 cold refreshing glasses of ice cold lemonaide, one glass at a time.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Aces up on the Redbirds 23-19 at the under 8 timeout in the 1st half

Braves up 20-15 on the Bulldogs at the under 8 timeout as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X