No announcement yet.

MVC conference games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the blue bloods in Omaha are going to be upset tonight. Work on monday will be fun. I like how it was a one possession game and it was so quite in the clink you could hear the mouse in the basement eating popcorn.

Comment

• From John, Paul, George, and Rinnnnngo--" We get by with a lil help from our friends." Who's betta? Brown or Doug?
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Could Illinois State win the league at 11-7?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Could Illinois State win the league at 11-7?
          Mathematically probably. Reality probably not. At least I hope not.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
            All the blue bloods in Omaha are going to be upset tonight. Work on monday will be fun. I like how it was a one possession game and it was so quite in the clink you could hear the mouse in the basement eating popcorn.
            I was shocked at that watching it on TV. The whole last 4 or 5 minutes it was pretty much a one or two possession game and the place was dead quiet. I couldn't believe it.

Comment

• I sure hope not

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Could Illinois State win the league at 11-7?
                I doubt it, but Illinois St scares me. They are looking like a really good team right now. I could easily see them winning it all in the Lou. I hope the Shockers at large resume is very strong by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                  RPIs:

WSU 42

CU 44

ISUb 46
                  Those are pretty scary numbers. MVC teams in the 40s are usually on the bubble, and quite often not on the right side of it.

Comment

• Of the 3 teams tied for first, I like our team's chances the best and we seem to have the toughest schedule of the 3 left to play.

Comment

• I wonder if any of the bluejay posters talking smack about our former woes were among their fans I swore I witnessed leaving tonight's game early? Too early for anybody to be fatmouthing in this unpredictable MVC. The Ship is up for grabs.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        I wonder if any of the bluejay posters talking smack about our former woes were among their fans I swore I witnessed leaving tonight's game early? Too early for anybody to be fatmouthing in this unpredictable MVC. The Ship is up for grabs.
                        I was also very surprised at that. The game was a one or two possession game and their fans kept leaving early. Quiet and leaving early, not an impressive showing.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                          I was also very surprised at that. The game was a one or two possession game and their fans kept leaving early. Quiet and leaving early, not an impressive showing.
                          Maybe the arena ran out of beer!

Comment

• BJ's lose again. Bahahahahahahaha. Tied for 1st again. Woohooo!!!!

2 two-game losing streaks for sCUm in a matter of weeks. Classic! Thanks Redbirds!

As for Illinois State, I still think they're a bit... NBAish. They don't pass the ball well. There's a lot of one-on-one junk. Their defense is not that good. But when one of their stars goes off, it can get ugly quick. That's what happened tonight. They're a really streaky team. Tonight they were on. If they're off, well, they can be like a team that starts the Valley off 0-6.

Hopefully, we get the 0-6 one.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• To paraphrase Fever, best 3 pic-em points I ever spent.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                                RPIs:

WSU 42

CU 44

ISUb 46
                                Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                                Those are pretty scary numbers. MVC teams in the 40s are usually on the bubble, and quite often not on the right side of it.
                                Sorry guys, but this isn't good. I know everybody likes to see the Cretins lose, but WSU and Cretin are the only teams in this conference to have a good RPI all season. It's bad enough to have our RPI's pulled down by having to play the dregs in this conference, but when either team loses to the dregs, it pulls both of their RPI's down even further. Now that Cretin has lost at home to the low RPI Reds, it's not such a big deal if WSU wins there. For RPI sake, WSU and Cretin need to beat the dregs the rest of the way. Because if they don't do that, or win the MVC Tournament, either team (that's WSU) could find themselves on the outside looking in come NCAA Tournament time.

So 1989 is right. These RPI numbers are scary. Especially when all of the expert talking heads still have BCS teams like Maryland and Arizona State in the mix. If comes down to a MVC team, or a BCS team, both with an RPI in the 60's, everybody knows which team the selection committee will pick.
                                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                                X