Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the positive side of things, Cleanthony is going to be unleashed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the positive side of things, Cleanthony is going to be unleashed.

With 4 starters out or injured (Orupke, Hall, Wessel, and Baker), and two backups returning from injury (Cotton's back, Williams ankle), we are going to be severely undermanned for the next 6 weeks. But the bright sad of that is that it will force us to spread the ball less and look to certain players to score.

In this case, Early could easily average more points than McDermott over the next 6 weeks. The efficiency of those points could be in question, but I have no doubt he will get his touches, Hall's touches, Wessel's touches, and even some of Baker's touches.

It isn't going to be easy to win these next few games, but we can do it if certain guys step up. We'll need whatever we can get from Early, Wiggins, and Lufile, along with the rest of our team. The best thing fans can do is support them.

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
    The best thing fans can do is support them.

I agree with this...remember, now there are very few places to turn. If White is struggling, he's going to have to work through it. If CJ is struggling, he's going to have to work through it.

It will be a lot easier to work through it with positive support instead of "why aren't we winning by 20 you morons?!"

Comment

who cares how many points Early scores...all i care about is winnng

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
        who cares how many points Early scores...all i care about is winnng
        I think the two might be highly correlated for the next eight games.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
          I think the two might be highly correlated for the next eight games.
          Agreed. Early is the key, because our next three best options are out. I expect that what Early and Lufile bring to the table will be the difference between winning and losing these next few games. And we can't take anything for granted.

Comment

Did we really need another thread?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

On the positive side of things, if the world ends Friday, we will be healthy by the time the new universe is created.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I agree with this...remember, now there are very few places to turn. If White is struggling, he's going to have to work through it. If CJ is struggling, he's going to have to work through it.

It will be a lot easier to work through it with positive support instead of "why aren't we winning by 20 you morons?!"
                Any win period from here on out is hereby a good win.

Comment

Dear Cleanthony,

Words of wisdom:

"It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Here's another positive: We're going to be near impossible to scout in St Louis.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Did we really need another thread?
                      Yes we do need more threads. When I've been away for a while and click on Shockernet and there are three threads wtih 25 pages each about a subject I have an interest in, I just ignore it. It is too much work to go through threads with waaaaay too many pages.

The thread police need to get over themselves.
                      Last edited by ABC; December 18, 2012, 06:46 PM.

Comment

The Athletic Department can start selling promotion advertising to orthopedic surgeons during games. Don Hall: "That stress fracture was brought to you by the offices of Dr. Bradley Brunner."

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          Yes we do need more threads. When I've been away for a while and click on Shockernet and there are three threads wtih 25 pages each about a subject I have an interest in, I just ignore it. It is too much work to go through threads with waaaaay too many pages.

The thread police need to get over themselves.
                          No thread police here. If a new thread is warranted it's warranted. But this topic was concurrently being discussed in three different threads, which made it crazy to track at the time. And in fact still does.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I find it a lot easier to keep up on things in a 25 page thread as opposed to 4 of the same. But that's me.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I say the hell with it. Throw defense out the window and unleash our scorers (Wiggins anyone?). We need to run, run and run some more. Let's be the 2012 version of the late 80's Loyola Marymount Lions. If we are not going to make the postseason, at least we can be entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                              X