War Chant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Chant

Any students on this forum want to help me or take charge in getting the student section to start chanting the "You don't want to go to War with the Shockers" chant that the band does. I am not the most assertive person or the best salesman so any help would be appreciated.

You're not alone. But believe it or not, the main reason the student section doesn't chant "You don't want to go to War with the Shockers" is because most (if not a huge majority) of us the student section have been trying to decipher the song/chant. Yeah, as dumb as that may sound. It'd be nice if the lyrics were displayed somewhere (big screen, or hand-outs) for everyone to see.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfather View Post
      You're not alone. But believe it or not, the main reason the student section doesn't chant "You don't want to go to War with the Shockers" is because most (if not a huge majority) of us the student section have been trying to decipher the song/chant. Yeah, as dumb as that may sound. It'd be nice if the lyrics were displayed somewhere (big screen, or hand-outs) for everyone to see.
      The second part of the chant, where the rhythm changes is really hard to make out.

Comment

Saturday night the lyrics were posted via the twitter graphic.

Comment

Originally posted by kawwsu77 View Post
          Any students on this forum want to help me or take charge in getting the student section to start chanting the "You don't want to go to War with the Shockers" chant that the band does. I am not the most assertive person or the best salesman so any help would be appreciated.
          Do not sell yourself short... you are a Shocker and a person that is taking the steps to be successful life (completing an undergraduate degree). Call the band leader, the cheerleader coach, and see what the three headed monster can come up with.
          Last edited by proshox; December 10, 2012, 03:29 PM.

Comment

"The second part of the chant, where the rhythm changes is really hard to make out."

Agreed!

Comment

During the introduction song, I so badly want the crowd to simultaneously yell "DUNK" and "BLOCK" each time that occurs in the video.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

"The second part of the chant, where the rhythm changes is really hard to make out."

Agreed!
                "Don't start no stuff won't be no stuff!"
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

something like this would be nice for the fans ...

Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by n8 View Post
                    The second part of the chant, where the rhythm changes is really hard to make out.
                    Scuse me . . . did you say "really hard to make out"?

If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                      Scuse me . . . did you say "really hard to make out"?

Anybody know what that symbol means on that guys shirt? And is it just me, or is he making out with a ghost?
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        Anybody know what that symbol means on that guys shirt? And is it just me, or is he making out with a ghost?
                        What guy?

Comment

I have to admit, I was scrolling through at work when I came across that picture and just about lost it. Had to try and scroll away so a supervisor didn't catch it. @AndShock: seemed very offended. Well played @Rixtoy1:, Well played
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

War

"You don't want to go to WAR,
                            With the Shockers,
                            Don't start no stuff,
                            Won't be no stuff"

What I would do is simply put a lot of cards with the lyrics on all of the seats in the student section. Include a message to sing with the band. Should be easy to do, just print a bunch of them. And maybe similar stuff could be added later if the student body likes it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                              What I would do is simply put a lot of cards with the lyrics on all of the seats in the student section. Include a message to sing with the band. Should be easy to do, just print a bunch of them.
                              This is a great idea. Simple, easy and low cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X