Half Price Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Price Pizza

All Papa John's ads talk about $11. That's only for their specialty promos. If you want a 3-topping of anything else, it's $12 (carryout). That is, it's $12 right up until you get the order confirmation - then it's $14.98. There is also no place in the online ordering system to put the promo code in to get the half-price pizza.

So, I called the store. Regardless of the fact tht I selected Carryout, and that the quoted price when placing the order was $12, their system added a $2.98 "delivery charge". When I mentioned the fct that there was no way to get the 75-point promo price, the store manager tried to give it to me manually and his price came out to over $8.

I explained that even their ad I had to listen to when they put me on hold said $12 - and half of $12 is 6.

You can get the promo price, but be prepared to spend 5 or 10 minutes on the phone to get the order straightened out. If you got the email - it sys "Click Here To Order". That takes you to GoShockers, and there is no link to Pap John's from GoShockers. Maybe this will get worked out a bit better the next time the Shox score 75 points.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Suggestion: Jack's or Tombstone in you grocer's freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      All Papa John's ads talk about $11. That's only for their specialty promos. If you want a 3-topping of anything else, it's $12 (carryout). That is, it's $12 right up until you get the order confirmation - then it's $14.98. There is also no place in the online ordering system to put the promo code in to get the half-price pizza.

So, I called the store. Regardless of the fact tht I selected Carryout, and that the quoted price when placing the order was $12, their system added a $2.98 "delivery charge". When I mentioned the fct that there was no way to get the 75-point promo price, the store manager tried to give it to me manually and his price came out to over $8.

I explained that even their ad I had to listen to when they put me on hold said $12 - and half of $12 is 6.

You can get the promo price, but be prepared to spend 5 or 10 minutes on the phone to get the order straightened out. If you got the email - it sys "Click Here To Order". That takes you to GoShockers, and there is no link to Pap John's from GoShockers. Maybe this will get worked out a bit better the next time the Shox score 75 points.
      They do deceptive advertising on behalf of being a Shocker supporter. Watch them.

Comment

I've never been a fan of theirs anyway. Of all the places I've had pizza, Papa John's is the last one I'd choose to eat. If it's free, I may eat a slice depending on how hungry I am, outside of that, I don't touch it. But that's me. Definitely not worth the hassle you described.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

What happened to Pizza Hut?
          [B][FONT=arial black]"X is going to equal me kicking your @$$."[/FONT][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

You've made me very happy that I must have better reading comprehension skills than I thought I had. Never had any of those problems.

By the way, if you wish to have a 3 topping pizza at a "special" price, don't create your "own masterpiece". On the left side of their page to order type of pizza there is a $12 large pizza with up to 5 toppings. Just select 3 toppings and order. When you go to checkout, they will have a place where you indicate delivery or carryout, just select carryout.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Forman View Post
              Maybe call Pizza Hut and see if they'll match Papa John's deal?

Comment

pizza hut quality seems to be going down.

Comment

Gross. Best thing about Emporia is the Pizza Ranch. Best pizza besides Papa Murpheys
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I don't mind Papa John's. Definitely beats the hell out of GreaseHut.

I've never had any problems doing the promotion either. We did it a couple of weeks ago as well. We did carryout and it came out to $6.50 ish.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think it's pretty ironic that we don't have Pizza Hut at the arena for the school that invented Pizza Hut. :) or do we? I don't ever get pizza there so I guess I don't know.

I wouldn't mind having Koch products on the soda fountain as well...

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        Like what? Crude oil perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          Gross. Best thing about Emporia is the Pizza Ranch. Best pizza besides Papa Murpheys
                          Interesting. There's a Pizza Ranch currently under construction in Hutch.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            I think it's pretty ironic that we don't have Pizza Hut at the arena for the school that invented Pizza Hut. :) or do we? I don't ever get pizza there so I guess I don't know.

I sat behind a girl the other night that had a piece of pizza and I'm about 99% sure it was Pizza Hut, 100% sure it wasn't Papa Johns.

Comment

They moved to Dallas...
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X