Northern Colorado Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Lufile had a terrible 2nd half. Not sure if he wore out or what. His first half was okay though.
    Chadrack was indeed taking care of business. However, he had 3 turnovers as he seemed to try spin moves in 'unfriendly merging traffic' and it became a "now you see it, now you don't" scenerio. However, as mentioned, he really did clean glass and looked solid the 1st half. You figure both Chadrack and Wiggins were probably getting the least minutes in games past, but last night, 'opportunity knocked' and they both gave us a needed boost. I liked how 3G distibuted the minutes between 18-22 minutes per our 10 players suited up to play last night. These precious gems of learning moments will help in the black and yellow big picture.

One thing Chadrack really caught my eye on last summer was passing the rock to the open man. Wiggins during the summer was an effective slasher and along with Baker who both were raining in 3's like cats' and dawgs'.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Chadrack was indeed taking care of business. However, he had 3 turnovers as he seemed to try spin moves in 'unfriendly merging traffic' and it became a "now you see it, now you don't" scenerio. However, as mentioned, he really did clean glass and looked solid the 1st half. You figure both Chadrack and Wiggins were probably getting the least minutes in games past, but last night, 'opportunity knocked' and they both gave us a needed boost. I liked how 3G distibuted the minutes between 18-22 minutes per our 10 players suited up to play last night. These precious gems of learning moments will help in the black and yellow big picture.

One thing Chadrack really caught my eye on last summer was passing the rock to the open man. Wiggins during the summer was an effective slasher and along with Baker who both were raining in 3's like cats' and dawgs'.
      He had two assists to offset partially the turnovers.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        He had two assists to offset partially the turnovers.
        I concur, and am pleased with Chadrack's play. When we signed him I felt like it shored up our inside game. Now that EO has been injured, CL has stepped up to the pump and given us a needed lift and he will only get better which is groovy graaaavy.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

I thought he was as good as EO....

Reason being he seemed just as fast or faster and better at covering off of screens, I don't think anyone got around him on a screen to dribble penetrate, he did a REALLY excellent job of that.

Comment

I am not too critical of chadrack. I saw the stats and smiled. When you bring in a guy who is up there around 10-12th on the rotation and he goes 3/3 for 6 pts with 10 rebounds you've gotta love that. Nick and chadrack are arguably last on a 12 man rotation and they both did incredible with that in mind. It's old news that the team is deep but good grief.

10 rebounds for the guy who might actually be last on the rotation and 14 points for the guy who might be next to last. Ill take it. I don't care how many turnovers chadrack had or how many defensive lapses nick had.

I'm smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              We are selling out 98.5% of our arena every game. You have to realize that those remaining few seats are usually singles, behind a post, or are on the very top row. If Koch Arena's capacity was 15,000, we would be averaging a lot more people at the games.

Perhaps it's time to figure out how to raise the roof?

T

...:cool:
              Normally I'd agree with that, but how did we end up with so many sell outs during the last few years? Do those singles magically get snatched up all of a sudden? Does the athletic department just automatically call it a sell out if there are just singles left?

Raising the roof would be awesome, but doubt very practical..
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The guard who was assigned to double Lufile sucker-played Lufile. The defender stayed "apparently" just out of reach until Lufile put the ball on the floor. Then the defender dropped down and stole the ball. It's a bit like someone who works around snakes needs to learn the "strike distance" of the snake. Lufile needs to learn how far away a smaller player needs to be for it to be safe for him to dribble.

Let me state some facts. I don't know if they're connected, but they are facts.

WSU has 4 Seniors, 4 recruits, and one on campus who gets a scholly next year.
                The most likely class for a transfer is the So class.
                White isn't getting many minutes.
                Tekele Cotton is a spark plug.
                On D, White is a 6'8" version of Stutz - especially the footwork and lateral movement.
                White isn't doing much with his minutes and has probably moved to the #12 spot in the rotation.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  The guard who was assigned to double Lufile sucker-played Lufile. The defender stayed "apparently" just out of reach until Lufile put the ball on the floor. Then the defender dropped down and stole the ball. It's a bit like someone who works around snakes needs to learn the "strike distance" of the snake. Lufile needs to learn how far away a smaller player needs to be for it to be safe for him to dribble.

Let me state some facts. I don't know if they're connected, but they are facts.

WSU has 4 Seniors, 4 recruits, and one on campus who gets a scholly next year.
                  The most likely class for a transfer is the So class.
                  White isn't getting many minutes.
                  Tekele Cotton is a spark plug.
                  On D, White is a 6'8" version of Stutz - especially the footwork and lateral movement.
                  White isn't doing much with his minutes and has probably moved to the #12 spot in the rotation
                  If we're going to do this speculation, can we at least wait until the season is over. We might just have some better info/facts by that time.

Comment

We are quite deep. It wasn't too many years ago where if the last two guys on the bench would have score 6 combined.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      We are quite deep. It wasn't too many years ago where if the last two guys on the bench would have score 6 combined.
                      2008-09 Britton 10 minutes 0 points
                      Steven 9 0

2009-10 Felter 31 3
                      Mayes 27 7

2010-11 Walker 25 0
                      Hamilton 10 6

2011-12 Anacreaon 35 11
                      Vautravers 14 4
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                      X