Thank You to Bill Maness and Gary Hardman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You to Bill Maness and Gary Hardman

When others ran from taking on Shocker Radio you two stepped up and put a solid product out there over the years. Coming out soon the athletic department will be announcing their move to outsource their sales and media rights to CBS. Years of missed revenue goals for the athletic department has pushed them to outsourcing. This means CBS will not only take over sponsorships but also radio. I just want to say thank you Bill and Gary. I am sure the athletic department will have a release at the beginning of year.

I agree,

Comment

Is this true? I hope so and I hope it means better radio production, ie different station(fm) less disconnections!
      I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

If CBS means more money and better production than this is a great move and overdue.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just as long as our hall-of-fame broadcaster MK gets to keep doing the games. He is an integral part of the radio experience. Couldn't imagine them changing but have to put that out there.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
              Just as long as our hall-of-fame broadcaster MK gets to keep doing the games. He is an integral part of the radio experience. Couldn't imagine them changing but have to put that out there.
              They'd have a total Shocker revolt if they ever tried to replace Kennedy. He IS the voice of the Shockers.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                If this is TV as well as radio, is this attempt by KWCH to retain Bruce?
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Maybe we will actually have more than just one station in Kansas that broadcasts the games.
                  Last edited by ABC; December 4, 2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Retain, as in, keep him from moving to Tulsa?

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                      Just speculating.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        Umm, I think that horse (pick your euphamism of choice . . .) has left the barn . . .

From Wichita Eagle:
                        "KWCH, Channel 12 sports director Bruce Haertl will remain as the television voice of Wichita State men’s basketball after moving to Tulsa and cutting back his work for the CBS affilliate.
                        Haertl has worked for KWCH for 28 years, according to a news release. He will continue to cover WSU’s television games and occasionally anchor and report for KWCH. He will also continue “Sports Daily,” a radio show co-hosted by Eagle columnist Bob Lutz on KFH, 1240-AM, 98.7-FM.
                        “I look forward to remaining a part of the Wichita sports scene through my continued work with KWCH, WSU and (KFH),” he said in a statement.

Haertl’s family is moving to Tulsa in early 2013. Sarah Haertl, his wife, recently took a job as director of marketing for the BOK Center in Tulsa. She worked in a similar position at Intrust Bank Arena since 2009"

If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Lets just replace The Bruce with The Jenn!!!! Can you say upgrade?
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Can we also add weather updates from Hallie Shulman?

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              And the visual aspect would be a bonus to the improvement.

Comment

Working...
                              X